A first step to a great phono system

Austin08

A first step to a great phono system
« on: 20 Jul 2013, 03:24 am »
Hello all,

I am about doing something that I often think I should have done is put together a nice phono system. That though keep ringing in my ears from time to time but due to many unexpected event in life, that never became a reality.

Today, one of my friend asked me to post his "10 years old unused Pass Lab Xono" for sale on the A'gone. I know I have to do something about it. Finally, my friend not only agreed to sell it at a "great discount" (I do not know the real market price)but also agree that I can take my time to pay for it. $1600 and only have to pay when have enough money????Never know anything about phono, especially this one but the the name "Pass Lab" kind of insurance for it. So I took a deal.

Now, the harder part is what TT and carts to match it??? and all other phono relate things that I should know???

So, this will be my next year project. (of course after paying off the Xono). I set my budget at $2000-$3000 (but willing to go further)for TT, cart and accessories. Better start to learn from now.

Any recommends, suggestions are welcome.

FYI, here is what I have

BAT VK31 (no phono stage)
BAT VK6200
Oppo 105
Dual Core 2.0
Marantz AV7005
Salksound SS8 and SS8c
Dual Rythmik FV15hp

I listen to acoustic jazz, blues, classic rock and some classical...