12 volt power switch for my HT...finally!!!!

Marbles

« on: 28 Dec 2003, 02:41 am »
I have Odyssey amps for my HT and they have the on/off switches in the backs.  They are a real PITA to get too.  I also don't watch movies more than about one movie every other week so I turn the amps off after a watching and back on just before I watch.

After several years I finally decided to see if I could get a power strip with a 12 volt on/off switch.

Then I saw that the Monster HTS1000 strip I have has one.  With a very little experimentation I have the center and surround amps on this and it works great!!!

This makes it so much easier for me and much less complicated for family members to operate.

If you have seperate amps and haven't tried a 12 v switch to turn your amps on and off with (when you power on/off your pre/pro)  what are you waiting for???  Wish I had done this years ago!!!

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2003, 02:47 am »
That's one of the features I use on my Monster HTS3500's. And one of the reason's I'm in no hurry to change out the HTS3500's for something else.

Have my subs run that way. As well as my Video Standards Transcoder & my Step Down tranny for the Japanese LD player.

Quite helpfull with things you don't want power to all of the time...

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2003, 02:51 am »
I really wish someone would have grabbed me by the lapels and said "DO IT"!!

It would have made my life a bit easier.

I guess that's why I'm posting.  If someone else is wondering about something like this, don't give it a second thought, JUST DO IT!

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2003, 02:56 am »
Didja just not notice before that it had that function?... :scratch:

Marbles

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2003, 03:03 am »
Never noticed on the HTS1000....I always new my Receivers and pre/pro's had it.  I never knew how easy it was to set up!  Otherwise I would have gone out of my way to do it before now.

Just a VERY late bloomer I guess  :oops: