Niteshade Audio is going to have communications & studio gear soon!

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Before I started making tube equipment for HiFi, I was heavily into communications- AKA: Amateur Radio, to be exact. I designed microphones as well as audio output speakers.

Ever listen to shortwave radio? Especially the AM broadcast band, the 80 & 40 meter bands?

Many audio enthusiasts turn their skills into making customized transmitters and audio amplifiers to make their stations sound incredibly good. I have heard some of these guys sound so good that it's like they were in the room with you!

I am going to make a few new products for HiFi communications equipment, some of it tried and proven in the past.

First, a passive filter will be put into production that can act as a low pass, high pass or notch. I do NOT like DSP and crystal filters always sound harsh to me. So- this is my approach to making listening non-fatiguing and enjoyable. This is all a part of Niteshade Audio (since it IS audio) and a new page will be put up specifically for Short Wave Listening (SWL) once a few products are completed.

Second, we are to design microphone preamps! They are similar in makeup to phono preamps and there will be allot of sharing between the two. Our mic preamps will work with modulators or HF transceivers OR for music purposes. There are going to be mods available for all these uses.  :D

Third, a communications speaker might be designed. All things regarding speakers are set for a future date.

What is going to come out first? Our passive SWL filter. As stated earlier, I actually developed this about 10 years ago. It was a success and needs to be marketed. I never heard anything but praise for it. Soon after will be our line of mic preamps and a phono preamp.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I don't understand how one person can do all of this?  I've read about NS speakers too.  I'm sorry but I don't' get it.  Without a team of 50 people & unlimited resources I don't  know how you can put out top notch gear in many different areas. 

So, you know your business plan...how will you do it?

Dave V.

• hear there between here
Hi Blair. Been awhile. A rolling stone of sorts this past month. SW yes. Will address this and note that I did mention it in an email along the way. Hope you are well.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
This is a good question but a little broad. Are you questioning whether I know how to design these things or how to fund and dedicate time to them?

Can you provide some specific questions?

Short answers: Prototyping with used electronics saves hundreds and thousands of dollars.

Time: Time is an issue. We need 40hr days and 4hr sleep cycles! (Wouldn't that be great!?!) I do the best I can and work on things all the time. Also- when I'm not working, I'm working. Planning can be done in your head in detail. Saves time & money.

I don't understand how one person can do all of this?  I've read about NS speakers too.  I'm sorry but I don't' get it.  Without a team of 50 people & unlimited resources I don't  know how you can put out top notch gear in many different areas. 

So, you know your business plan...how will you do it?
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2010, 12:49 pm by Niteshade »

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Hi Dave! Good to hear from you. SW and HAM are fascinating hobbies. So enjoyable and relaxing.

I know you keep busy- but stay in touch!

Hi Blair. Been awhile. A rolling stone of sorts this past month. SW yes. Will address this and note that I did mention it in an email along the way. Hope you are well.

starkiller

Can you give out more info on the preamp?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
I will have specifications for everything- but these products have not been fully developed yet. I assume you're asking about the phono preamp. Hopefully it won't be long- I want one too!

starkiller

Yes, phono...