« on: 19 May 2015, 01:31 pm »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:28 am by vinagunner »

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2015, 03:08 pm »
Nice, are those the 8" Alnico hempcones?

I'd move the speakers forward a bit, maybe 1-2'. If you take pics of the entire room folks may be able to offer further suggestions...  :)

RDavidson

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2015, 03:16 pm »
+1 Get the front baffles beyond the plane of your gear rack, if you can. It should improve imaging and coherence.

vinagunner

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2015, 03:48 pm »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:29 am by vinagunner »

milford3

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2015, 05:02 pm »
 My Hoyt Bedford Type 1.

seikosha

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2015, 05:04 pm »
Here are some Super 3XRS's:

vinagunner

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2015, 05:43 pm »
v

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2015, 06:27 pm »
Great thread vinagunner.  I hope it gets loaded with great pictures.

My pictures have been posted before, but here they are again.

Main rig: My own audio rack, Music configured MacBook, Resonessence Labs Concero HD DAC, Decware Super Zen Select amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors on Skylan stands.

Second rig: Music configured MacBook, Resonessence Labs Herus+ DAC, Temple Audio Bantam Gold amp, Omega Super 7 MK2 Monitors on my own stands.

Desktop rig: Mac Mini, Audio Sector DAC, Temple Audio Bantam Gold amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, on my own desk.

« Last Edit: 19 May 2015, 10:21 pm by Canada Rob »

ozoid

« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2015, 06:36 pm »
Rob—
Nice rigs, of course. Just wondering about the 3i's on the desk so close to the wall. How do they sound, especially compared to the desktop model?  That kind of installation seems to be exactly the kind of problem the desktop model was designed to solve.

vinagunner

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2015, 06:49 pm »
v

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2015, 07:10 pm »
Rob—
Nice rigs, of course. Just wondering about the 3i's on the desk so close to the wall. How do they sound, especially compared to the desktop model?  That kind of installation seems to be exactly the kind of problem the desktop model was designed to solve.
Hi Ozoid,
Ultimately the Super 3 Desktop is the ideal speaker for this environment with it's bottom firing port, not to mention it's more compact dimensions.  I find the 3 Desktop likes to have a small sub under the desk, which really makes the ultimate desktop rig.  Having the 3i on the desktop is a way to have a more fleshed out sound without buying a sub, saving a ton of dough.  Imaging is still insanely good and 3D but obviously the overall sound is not where a 3 Desktop/deepOmega 8 would be, but it's close.  I have the closest corner of the speakers about 2" from the back wall to reinforce the bass which works generally very well.

ozoid

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2015, 07:32 pm »
Thanks, Rob. Your answer is about what I thought, but it's always good to hear someone who know what he's talking about speak from actual experience. I'll file it away; as you can probably tell from the thread I started earlier today, I've embarked on a long process and your thoughts will be useful some day.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2015, 08:59 pm »
This thread may help me clean up my system area!  Wires and tube boxes abound.  I find taking a photo makes the disarray look even worse than in 3D. 

But I'll never get things as neat looking as Canada Rob has!!  :lol:

......Peter

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 19 May 2015, 09:30 pm »
This thread may help me clean up my system area!  Wires and tube boxes abound.  I find taking a photo makes the disarray look even worse than in 3D. 

......Peter
Thanks Peter,
I'm a minimalist by nature. I guess that's why I'm drawn to this kind of gear.....not to mention the sound.  :thumb:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 19 May 2015, 10:01 pm »

......Peter

Exactly what I was thinking. I'd take a pic, but....  :o

FireGuy

« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2015, 10:47 pm »
Jan 2014 born on date for the Omega Super 5's.  Four feet from the back wall with a trapezoidal ceiling (can't do much about that).  Positioning was ongoing for about 3-4 weeks.  Denon SS amp and hybrid SET (Artel Andrew Audio) prototype.  Staging and imaging best I've heard.  Dual sub config finalizes the sonic beatitude.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2015, 11:16 pm »
FireGuy, You could make the other end of that room into a huge multi-cell bass horn.  :icon_twisted:

davidflas

« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2015, 11:41 pm »
I ordered a pair of 3i monitors just this past Friday, once I get them, I'll post to this thread. I'm very excited!

beowulf

« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2015, 11:55 pm »
It may not look like it, but the baffle of the speakers are a good 4 feet from the rear wall.  The Omegas are one of my best hi-fi purchases no doubt and still bring a smile to my face!

Rest of the room:

milford3

« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2015, 12:02 am »
I ordered a pair of 3i monitors just this past Friday, once I get them, I'll post to this thread. I'm very excited!

Pics when they arrive please.  A note of caution here.  Be prepared for a sonic journey that you have never heard before.