Finally hooked my turntable up to my Super 3s and...

squirrelman

:green: :green: :green:

My first setup when I was just starting out was a pair of Magnepan MMG on a Peachtree Decco65, while I thought it sounded good at the time it lost favor quickly when I got my Omega Super 3 speakers for my computer setup.  I found myself never listening on the MMGs anymore since I preferred the sound out of my computer, and that was with a cheap headphone to RCA plug straight out of my macbook pro into a cheap Miniwatt N3.  I finally picked out a DAC (Jolida Glass FX DAC III) and the Omegas just sounded better.  Then I upgraded speaker cables from junk zip wire to AntiCables and the Omegas sounded even better.  Upgraded to a Dennis Had Inspire amp and the Omegas sounded even better.  Upgraded the DAC to a first gen Wavelength Brick and the Omegas sounded even better.  They have blown me away at every upgrade, then when I finally plugged my pro-ject carbon with acrylic platter and speed box and Denon DL110 and once again blown away how great the Omegas could sound.

RDavidson

Re: Finally hooked my turntable up to my Super 3s and...
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2015, 09:16 pm »
As many Omega owners can attest, Omegas can MUCH more than hold their own even when hooked up to really esoteric gear and will never be at all embarassed (assuming appropriate room size and listening volumes of course). They're really an amazing value.