Eric

Re: True Smokers
« Reply #81 on: 17 May 2010, 08:46 pm »
Brisket from this weekend

gonefishin

« Reply #82 on: 10 Jun 2010, 09:19 am »
   Hi Ronm1,

Your smoker looks absolutely gorgeous!  Of course, it doesn't look as good as the food being smoked  :eyebrows:

Is that a Peoria Smoker that your using?

thanks for sharing>>>

dan

Ronm1

• "A Bug!! Naa...thats a feature!
« Reply #83 on: 10 Jun 2010, 11:27 am »
   Hi Ronm1,

Your smoker looks absolutely gorgeous!  Of course, it doesn't look as good as the food being smoked  :eyebrows:

Is that a Peoria Smoker that your using?

thanks for sharing>>>

dan
Thanks, Its a Gatorpit Backyard model with a few options.  They are out of Houston, TX.

PeteG

« Reply #84 on: 12 Sep 2010, 08:59 pm »
Some friends told me about a marinade they use (Allegro) so this weekend I tried it on a pork shoulder that was on sale, it worked out really good and tasted great.

I marinated the shoulder for 8hrs and than smoked it (hickory) for 6hrs, wrapped it up in foil for another 6hrs. 

ALLEGRO

taoggniklat

« Reply #85 on: 10 Nov 2010, 06:59 pm »
Here is my 55 gallon UDS

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #86 on: 3 Sep 2011, 02:41 pm »
Bump.  :thumb:

I've been contemplating getting a (real) smoker but have no idea what's out there.
I started searching on page one here, but most of the links and photo's are broken.

The idea of an pellet smoker sounds great, but one that gets decent reviews and doesn't need constant monitoring is in the $1500 range.
Too rich for my blood.

Bob

koiman

« Reply #87 on: 3 Sep 2011, 04:32 pm »
Bob,
Try www.traegergrills.com they have a special going now with free shipping and 3 EZ payments. I have the Lil Tex Elite and have had it for 3 years and just love it. I has a Digital temp setting so it is a set and forget unit. This is a pellet unit. very easy on the pellets.
Lee :D

tabrink

• lake life is good
SmokinTex
« Reply #88 on: 3 Sep 2011, 07:05 pm »
 :thumb:
My http://www.smokintex.com/ is absolutely the best smoker I have used.
No effort!  8)
 :lol:

taoggniklat

« Reply #89 on: 18 Sep 2012, 05:56 pm »
This thread needs more smoke!

Leftover pulled pork makes for a great "Mac-n-Cheese Grilled pulled pork sandwich" Yes I know it is boxed mac n cheese, it was all I had at the time, hehe. Homemade would be an amazing upgrade.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #90 on: 19 Sep 2012, 12:19 am »
This thread needs more smoke!
Thanks for the bump.  :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #91 on: 3 Oct 2012, 12:30 am »
My BBQ/grilling area.

.......seem to be doing more grilling than Q'n lately though - Ribeyes on the Santa Maria Pit tonight  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #92 on: 3 Oct 2012, 12:43 am »
Almost looks like Bobby Flay's back yard.  :lol:
Nice!

Gruntwerks

« Reply #93 on: 3 Oct 2012, 02:13 am »
HELP! Why can't I ask anyone a question? I can post here, but when I go to the For Sale board, I'm not allowed to do ANYTHING. Can't ask a question, can't post anything, nada.... terribly frustrating. Just signed up here a week ago.

Ok, to make this post legitimate.... anyone else build a Stumper Clone Smoker? A Gravity Feed Charcoal Fired Smoker, with shelves like a fridge, and a top sealed chimney you load with charcoal, and it burns at the bottom of the stack.

Gruntwerks

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #94 on: 6 Oct 2012, 09:40 pm »
Hey Grunt.
I think there may be a 'noob waiting period' that keeps you out of the classifieds and PMs until you've made ___ amount of posts.

Regarding the smoker question, there's a massive BBQ forum called; http://www.bbq-brethren.com
The amound of posts that roll through there in a day is staggering (in comparison to any forum I've been on).
They're very helpful to noobs (I was one recently) and have a lot of threads about DIY smokers.

But honestly, I bought a new smoker for $400 that will run at 250 for about 12+ hours on a single 16# bag of charcoal.
I've learned the proper way to start, and manage a fire to get to those numbers.
Are you talking about longer/higher temps?

Bob

p.s. Welcome to AC, by the way.  :thumb:

Vint_age

« Reply #95 on: 7 Oct 2012, 11:28 am »
Hi, 

Just discovered this circle.

Big Green Egg (2) here. Unfortunately nothing cookin this weekend. Will post some pics after the next smoke.

TrungT

« Reply #96 on: 6 Apr 2013, 01:53 am »
Ordered and on the way. :P
http://www.theorioncooker.com/

PeteG

« Reply #97 on: 6 Apr 2013, 09:22 am »

I see our local BassPro has them, I just might pick one up this weekend.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #98 on: 6 Apr 2013, 02:34 pm »
That looks like fun!

yamaha626

« Reply #99 on: 6 Apr 2013, 03:19 pm »
I see our local BassPro has them, I just might pick one up this weekend.
That looks like fun!

I've owned one for about 4 or 5 years...and yes, it is a fun little cooker. I've used mine probably 7 or 8 times a season and its really easy and foolproof to cook on.
However, you should be aware of a few things :
1) It's really a Dutch Oven..although many orion users have added external smoke generators...works well as a smoker but not the same...
2) you burn thru a lot of charcoal...if your an Egghead (or any kamodo style grill) owner, you're in for a big surprise
3) The lid is tough to get off and back on when your using it because the stainless steel body gets hot from the ring of charcoal. The lid piece doesn't get as hot as the body and the two pieces don't expand identically.
4) an infrared thermometer is really useful because the temperature within the cookers fluctuates a lot from low inside the body to high inside the body

anyway, just my 2 cents.