Triode DAC to USB C cable?

robert bullock

Triode DAC to USB C cable?
« on: 7 Feb 2020, 05:06 pm »
Hi, I wrote Triode directly a couple days ago but haven't heard back, so I'm trying here now: I have a Vinnie Rossi Lio amp and have heard great things from Vinnie (and others) about Triode cables.  I'm interested in getting a USB cable to connect the onboard DAC directly to my Macbook Pro (2019), which has only USB C ports. (Vinnie, at one point at least, says the direct connection works very well with the DAC 2 upgrade, which I'm about to order.)  Does Triode make such a cable? I don't see anything on the website but you never know.  It seems very few high quality cable makers make USB C cables as yet.  Would I be better off buying, say, a Carbon or Diamond from Audioquest, which does offer that option?  Or, using a Triode (or something else) with a A to C dongle (I have an Audioquest one already)?  I don't like the idea of adding yet more stuff between the server and the DAC, but does it make a difference in terms of audio quality?  Btw the speakers for the system are Reference 3a mm de capo BE, which I've been very happy with.  Thank you very much!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Triode DAC to USB C cable?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2020, 05:12 pm »
  That would work well. I believe TWL is at the Florida show now.

charles

Triode Pete

Re: Triode DAC to USB C cable?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2020, 03:11 pm »
Hi, I wrote Triode directly a couple days ago but haven't heard back, so I'm trying here now: I have a Vinnie Rossi Lio amp and have heard great things from Vinnie (and others) about Triode cables.  I'm interested in getting a USB cable to connect the onboard DAC directly to my Macbook Pro (2019), which has only USB C ports. (Vinnie, at one point at least, says the direct connection works very well with the DAC 2 upgrade, which I'm about to order.)  Does Triode make such a cable? I don't see anything on the website but you never know.  It seems very few high quality cable makers make USB C cables as yet.  Would I be better off buying, say, a Carbon or Diamond from Audioquest, which does offer that option?  Or, using a Triode (or something else) with a A to C dongle (I have an Audioquest one already)?  I don't like the idea of adding yet more stuff between the server and the DAC, but does it make a difference in terms of audio quality?  Btw the speakers for the system are Reference 3a mm de capo BE, which I've been very happy with.  Thank you very much!
Hello Robert,
I just double-checked my inbox and did not receive your email.

I do not currently fabricate an USB-C cable. The connections, being so tiny, would require a micro-welder...

Currently, having fun in Tampa at FLAX!

Cheers,
Pete