Great room at HE2003

KKM

Great room at HE2003
« on: 9 Jun 2003, 10:08 pm »
Klaus,
Very nice set-up and demo at the HE2003, your components build quality, sound, and price put a lot of the big boys to shame, hope the exposure created much interest in your products.

rosconey

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2003, 08:30 pm »
a few other people over at aa have the same opinion :mrgreen:
hope klaus made out well(now he can do my monos i hope) :o

starlet

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2003, 03:45 pm »
What was Klaus's system at the show? Really curious to know.

MaxCast

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2003, 04:27 pm »
Quote from: starlet
What was Klaus's system at the show? Really curious to know.

Marbles wrote:
Here's a link to what was said at last weeks show in San Fran.

The Odyssey review is the last one on the page, replete with pics.

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/he2003/he2003_2.html

Looks just like what he had at MAF2003.  It also included a SL preamp (won't even try to spell that one) and CD player.

Eduardo AAVM

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2003, 07:34 pm »
Thanks for the link Maxcast...

Is one of the few comments I see the writer is somewhat excited about the products.

Nice pictures.

MaxCast

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2003, 08:27 pm »
Eduardo, thanks should be given to Herr Marbles, the man with an astonishing memory and international mystique. :wink:

Marbles

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2003, 10:11 pm »
:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

starlet

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2003, 05:53 am »
Who is the guy holding the amp? Travis (sp??)? I remember Klaus is much bigger.  :)

Marbles

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2003, 01:18 pm »
That's Jeff Hagler, from Sonic Eurphoria, holding his PRE-amp  :wink:

It does look a bit confusing with him beside the Odyssey writeup.

klaus@odyssey

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2003, 10:22 pm »
OK,  back to normal  / somewhat, hehehe.
 :lol:

Yep,  the show was an unbelievable success for us.  A couple of observations:

-  The rooms were shitty /  again.  NY  Hilton is a much, much better venue than the ST. Francis.  It sounds better,  it's actually cheaper,  there's better access for us when trying to set up the room at 3 in the morning.   Mostly,  because the rooms were pretty boomy,  which I suspect is a byproduct of the stabilizing construction of SF.

-  However,  every exhibitor had to deal with the same problems.  So,  can you imagine manufacturer blaming sound characteristics on the rooms ???    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw !!!!   Bull.  A good system should sound good in different environments.

-  As the small system,  we've had the new Etesian pre,  all Groneberg Ser. III IC  and LS cables,  the book shelves,  and the Khartago,  which is the smaller Strato.  I decided to do system sales,  and this system is offered at $ 1,500.  !!!!   hehehe,  it sounded ridiculously good,  if I may say so.  There were quite a few people who were shopping for more $$$,  and they definitely had to rethink.  I believe that this particular system (minus the CD,  which was the 3K SL all the time) for these components was the least expensive system,  and the comments were overwhelming.  So were the sales,  hehehe.  Word of caution,  the Etesian and Khartago now out of the box are back ordered at least 4-5 weeks already after the show.
Anyway,  in this particular setup at the Westin I'd go head to head with 80 % of the systems displayed for $ 1,500.  !!!!

-  The biggest $$$  system I brought was the Lorelei, Tempest,  and Stratos / cap upgrade.  The room was so small,  that there were only 3 chairs,  and standing room for maybe 8-10 more.  While the small system was fantastic in the dispersion and tonality,  the bigger system was able to overload the room nevertheless.  So,  extreme SPL's  were out of the question,  but we could still run it pretty darn loud.   The result ???   Hehehe.  It's all coming together.  Total synergy,  and we also now sell this system,  Tempest / remote,  Stratos / caps,  Quattro IC's & LS cables,  Loreleis  for a total of $ 4,500. as a system.  
Anyway,  the performance was great,  and obviously the feedback for the systems and sales were phenomenal, which is also part of the reason why I had such a great time.

-  Lastly,  the bay area is my favorite place in the US.  (nevermind the crazy cost of living / real estate)  Just walking down the street or driving around anywhere in the bay  gives me a feeling of vacation.  In addition,  without exception all of the people I've met / many customers and people here from AC,  were simply  friendly and real,  and I've made a ton of friends.  As for the food,  well,  I swear that this is the last show where I'll over-eat every night,  hehehe.

Anyway,  thanks again to everyone for the incredible experience,

Klaus

Eduardo AAVM

Great room at HE2003
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2003, 12:10 am »
Cheers Klaus...  :guitar:

By the way I remember a year ago, you said around this time you would be located in Florida ?