X-Statik cabinets need a home in California, Sacramento/Roseville. No shipping.

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
Well, I may have gotten ahead of myself.  I wanted to cut out a pair of X-CS cabinets for someone, opened up the great Cutlist Optimizer software and of course I already had a cutlist saved for X-Statik cabinets.  I added the X-CS panels to the same cutlist and of course it all fit using the mdf panel remnants I already had.  No left over waste, and no trip to the store.

Maybe an hour later and I had X-LS and X-Statik cabinets cut to final dimensions, minus front baffles and internal braces.  I cut the braces later from other scraps so overall a very efficient project from a materials standpoint.

I do have plenty of clamps but have found that for speed and ease of assembly, nothing beats some type of indexing component. For this build I ran a saw kerf through each joining edge, and slid a small spline into each joint.  Now it holds itself all together with no glue or clamps.  This allows me to be certain when I add glue, that everything is square and stays lined up perfectly.  Look, no hands.

Below are both pairs of cabinets glued-up, dry, and ready for some surface prep. 

The front baffles on the X-LS are a light hard maple. 
I'm sorry the photos rotated in the upload process.

Now the dilemma, I have no home for these X-Statik, it was me just enjoying some time on the table saw.  I will continue towards finishing them and make them available to anyone willing to pick them up in person. I'm just north of Sacramento, CA in Roseville.  Even if it is a half-day drive each way for someone, that's still less effort than if you were doing the work yourself.  My hope is that someone will be interested now before they are done, so that person can pick the finishing materials.

My initial thoughts for finishing were:

Walnut veneer for base cabinet, contrasted with a light hard maple front baffle, similar to the XLS baffles in photo above.

Or the reverse scheme using a white oak, or light maple veneer on cabinet with a darker front baffle such as dark walnut or dark cherry. 

Of course the options are many.  Fortunately, I have a hardwood supply near me that has many varieties of hardwood and exotic species in 1.5 and 2 inch thickness so if somebody wanted tigerwood, sapelle, zebrawood, bocote, purple heart, or some other exotic there are lots of options.  If nobody expresses interest within the next week, than I'll pick something and keep moving forward. 

For pricing, I would start at the cost of a basic MDF flat-pack plus shipping. Any increase in price from there would be based upon selecting more exotic materials, depending on how costly your materials preference. I can't give these away for free, but if a buyer is paying flat-pack price, they are receiving a lot of donated labor.

Anyone who is interested in picking final finish and picking these up in person, please let me know.  I will not ship them.  I'm not offering as a complete speaker, just a finished cabinet.  You will still need to purchase drivers and crossover, etc.  If nobody is interested, the cabinets will just sit in the garage with all my other messes.

Elon
Elon@ezeescrossovers.com

« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2022, 08:11 am by E-Zee »

Shives

• I like French fries
BEAUTIFUL!!!

Wish I was closer man! Those front baffles!? Oh my!!! Amazing man.

Stephen Scharf

Well, I may have gotten ahead of myself.  I wanted to cut out a pair of X-CS cabinets for someone, opened up the great Cutlist Optimizer software and of course I already had a cutlist saved for X-Statik cabinets.  I added the X-CS panels to the same cutlist and of course it all fit using the mdf panel remnants I already had.  No left over waste, and no trip to the store.

Maybe an hour later and I had X-LS and X-Statik cabinets cut to final dimensions, minus front baffles and internal braces.  I cut the braces later from other scraps so overall a very efficient project from a materials standpoint.

I do have plenty of clamps but have found that for speed and ease of assembly, nothing beats some type of indexing component. For this build I ran a saw kerf through each joining edge, and slid a small spline into each joint.  Now it holds itself all together with no glue or clamps.  This allows me to be certain when I add glue, that everything is square and stays lined up perfectly.  Look, no hands.

Below are both pairs of cabinets glued-up, dry, and ready for some surface prep. 

The front baffles on the X-LS are a light hard maple. 
I'm sorry the photos rotated in the upload process.

Now the dilemma, I have no home for these X-Statik, it was me just enjoying some time on the table saw.  I will continue towards finishing them and make them available to anyone willing to pick them up in person. I'm just north of Sacramento, CA in Roseville.  Even if it is a half-day drive each way for someone, that's still less effort than if you were doing the work yourself.  My hope is that someone will be interested now before they are done, so that person can pick the finishing materials.

My initial thoughts for finishing were:

Walnut veneer for base cabinet, contrasted with a light hard maple front baffle, similar to the XLS baffles in photo above.

Or the reverse scheme using a white oak, or light maple veneer on cabinet with a darker front baffle such as dark walnut or dark cherry. 

Of course the options are many.  Fortunately, I have a hardwood supply near me that has many varieties of hardwood and exotic species in 1.5 and 2 inch thickness so if somebody wanted tigerwood, sapelle, zebrawood, bocote, purple heart, or some other exotic there are lots of options.  If nobody expresses interest within the next week, than I'll pick something and keep moving forward.  For pricing, I would start at the cost of a basic MDF flat-pack plus shipping. Any increase in price from there would be based upon selecting more exotic materials, depending on how costly your materials preference. I can't give these away for free, but if a buyer is paying flat-pack price, they are receiving a lot of donated labor.

Anyone who is interested in picking final finish and picking these up in person, please let me know.  I will not ship them.  I'm not offering as a complete speaker, just a finished cabinet.  You will still need to purchase drivers and crossover, etc.  If nobody is interested, the cabinets will just sit in the garage with all my other messes.

Elon
Elon@ezeescrossovers.com

Check your email. I'm in the Bay Area....

jeff67

• You name it, Ive built it
Elon,
definitely interested.  I am in central CA and can make the trip.   I have some questions and would like to talk to you via phone if possible.

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
Jeff,
I have been having some discussion with Stephen who had posted a little earlier, and we discussed some particulars by phone but we have not yet finalized any agreement.  I'm still going to allow him a little bit of time to make his decision, but I'll hold the next place in line for you.  Let's go ahead and talk by phone.

Please email me with your phone number to elon@ezeescrossovers.com and we can discuss.  I dont really want to post my phone number here and have all the bots calling to offer me an extended car warranty.

Thank you,
Elon

Edit- I sent you my phone number via private message to save the extra step.