Omega driver in horn enclosure

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Omega driver in horn enclosure
« Reply #20 on: 23 Mar 2016, 03:11 pm »
Hey JLM,

Advertise a competitor's product elsewhere.  Have a little class man.  :duh:
I guess I don't understand how Audio Circle works vis a vis Manufacturer Circles. Does a manufacturer have exclusive rights to this space as if it were their own website? Are the discussions exclusive to owners and/or passionate enthusiasts of said product line? Or does it make sense for someone like JLM to make a recommendation to the OPs query, based on his own experience dealing with the same issue, even if it includes product or solution unrelated to the proprietary landlord?

Canada Rob - Do you really see that as an advertisement of a competitor? I don't know whether you are an interested participant in all of this just like JLM and myself or you are a paid watchdog monitoring the site on Omega's behalf. In either case, I feel you are overplaying your hand. Is Omega really on such shaky ground that such a mention poses a threat to their future? Show some class, man!

seikosha

« Reply #21 on: 23 Mar 2016, 04:18 pm »
I love Omega as much as anyone here.  I've got 3 pairs and I know through private recommendations, I've influenced many others to buy Omegas as well.  I have to say that at times, the heavy handedness on this forum's moderation in my opinion really reflects poorly on the brand.  It's unfortunate.  CR, you are a good guy and I know you mean well, but really you should think about how over zealous forum moderation affects perception of the brand.  You get a newbee in here interested in Omega and he/she sees some of this stuff and it can be a real turnoff to the brand.  Something to think about.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #22 on: 23 Mar 2016, 04:35 pm »
deleted

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 23 Mar 2016, 08:46 pm »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2016, 06:09 pm by Canada Rob »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 23 Mar 2016, 09:03 pm »
I'd pay Bob Brines (BrinesAcoustics.com) to develop the desired/proper solution.  That's what I did 11+ years ago.

I re-read this and realize I spoke too quick.  JLM was not recommending the OP go out and buy Bob's speakers.  He was recommending Bob's design skills.  Sorry JLM.  :oops: