Cable review: No punches pulled

Tbadder1

« Reply #40 on: 7 May 2004, 05:13 pm »
Context really is everything.  When I had my Bel Canto 200.4 and Pre-1 I routinely changed cables of all kinds, each with a recognizable affect, sometimes remarkably so, but when I bought my Levinson 383, switching cables made almost no change, especially powercords.  I almost feel bad that I'm off the cable-train. :cry:

brucegel

FOR ONEOBGYN
« Reply #41 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:06 am »
If you actually spent that much for cables may I suggest switching to ONEPSYCHO.

Marbles

« Reply #42 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:08 am »
How much is too much?

brucegel

« Reply #43 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:14 am »
Quote from: oneobgyn
I can't believe you left out the two finest cables made:

For interconnect: Nordost Valhalla--on order for my system
                         Tara Labs--The Zero @ $12.5K for length from 0.6 to 2 meters--presently in my system and is beyond description

For speaker cable: Nordost Valhalla-on order for my system

This one definitely bears a repeat...Please change name to ONEPSYCHO if you actually spent that much on cable.And no wonder why we can't find money for public schools...jeesus h. christ man what are you thinking?Don't you see enough cables in your line of work already.

Carlman

« Reply #44 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:16 am »
Brucegel... are you a threadcrapper or a troll?  I can't quite figure it out.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #45 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:41 am »
Maybe he's someone who can't understand spending thousands of dollars on wire. But to call guys who can understand names??? Guess you can understand that Carlman. :lol: Regards, Robin

brucegel

« Reply #46 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:48 am »
You folks actually believe that you need to spend 12,000 clams on cables to get wonderful performance...in two days I am holding a special sale on two towers in manhattan and you are the first folks invited to bid.I am now fully vented.Thank you for your patronage.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #47 on: 10 Sep 2004, 03:56 am »
Quote from: Carlman
Brucegel... are you a threadcrapper or a troll?  I can't quite figure it out.
     I  think he's BOTH! :evil: Regards, Robin

brucegel

« Reply #48 on: 10 Sep 2004, 04:10 am »
Why don't you do a search on me and you will see that I have been an active participant on the reference 3a site for quite a while.I have been in this hobby for 30 years and every year the stupidity factor has been rising in this hobby.Basically anyone who has the gall to buy 12,000 dollars worth of cable is saying to him or herself I don't give a f...k how disgusting my values are I am going to do it any way which is of course a  perversion of free will.The fact that people keep coming to its defense does'nt surprise me one bit...like I said the idot factor has risen in this hobby for decades because most folks can't tell when a rip off is being promulgated on them.You have been snowed by hype deeper than a long vermont winter.Beautiful state by the way.

mcrespo71

« Reply #49 on: 10 Sep 2004, 05:25 am »
Quote from: brucegel
Quote from: oneobgyn
I can't believe you left out the two finest cables made:

For interconnect: Nordost Valhalla--on order for my system
                         Tara Labs--The Zero @ $12.5K for length from 0.6 to 2 meters--presently in my system and is beyond description

For speaker cable: Nordost Valhalla-on order for my system

This one definitely bears a repeat...Please change name to ONEPSYCHO if you actually spent that much on cable.And no wonder why we can't find money for public schools.. ...

Why are you bringing up a post from a year and a half ago?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #50 on: 10 Sep 2004, 05:35 am »
Hey, the man's been in this hobby for 30 years, what's a year & a half?  :o  Regards, Robin

brucegel

« Reply #51 on: 10 Sep 2004, 05:58 am »
Because I just noticed the insanity of the thread tonight and..............
What...you get a pass because it was said sometime ago?I am curious though since its been a while whether oneobgyn has come to his senses.

brucegel

I think its time we had a talk
« Reply #52 on: 10 Sep 2004, 06:20 am »
Come on over to audio central and participate if you qualify.I would sincerely enjoy hearing from you.

Jay S

« Reply #53 on: 10 Sep 2004, 07:02 am »
Bruce,

You seem quite offended by what some people spend their audio $ on, perhaps since you don't feel they are getting good value or perhaps because you feel you would have better ways to spend that amount of money.  

That said, consider that the amount of money that any of us spends on audio gear would offend about half the world's population -- that's several billion people.  

In any case, you've been around the audio scene for a long time.  I'm sure others would be happy to learn from you but I think they'll be more receptive to explanations about cable theory or suggestions of great bang for the buck cables and components.  

Its 5pm on a Friday where I am right now... people around me a opening some cold brewskis and opening bottles of wine from the pantry of the office.  I'm swamped with work, but I guess that every now and then it is good to chill.   :beer:

Cheers,

- Jay

PhilNYC

« Reply #54 on: 10 Sep 2004, 12:37 pm »
Quote from: brucegel

This one definitely bears a repeat...Please change name to ONEPSYCHO if you actually spent that much on cable.And no wonder why we can't find money for public schools.. ...

I beg to differ.  The sales tax on those cables provides quite a bit of money to our public schools...  :lol:

ctviggen

« Reply #55 on: 10 Sep 2004, 12:40 pm »
In CT, the public schools are largely funded by taxes on property.  The state does provide some money, but it's mainly property tax.  I think cables do make a difference, but my system isn't setup to adequately test cables (I have to tear everything apart in order to replace cables).

brucegel

Of corse cables make a difference
« Reply #56 on: 10 Sep 2004, 05:33 pm »
That being said there cannot possibly be a 12,000 dollar difference in cables for example between zip cord and valhalla or whatever they call the stuff.I hope we can at least agree on this.Listen folks I feel slightly disgusted with myself for spending 200.00 dollars on interconnects which I notice these days is something almost no one is willing to admit about themselves(except in private with best friends).All my life I've been surrounded by people whos shit stinks in one way or another and thats a good thing,no ones perfect  but to obfuscate and bluff about the things that are wrong about this hobby is an intellectual disingenuousness I aint about to start living with now after 47 years.Basically 100,000 dollar speakers and 80,000 thousand dollar amps are off my discussion chart as opposed to the foolishness of dreaming one day you will hit the lottery and own it all.Its a sick dream,bears no resemblance to reality except for the tiniest fraction of a fraction of some subset.I think we all need to learn/relearn when our behavior is over the top.

Marbles

« Reply #57 on: 10 Sep 2004, 05:37 pm »
Bruce, there is not a $12,000 difference to you, but since they do sell, there is a difference to some people.

Why do you think you can spend their money better than they can spend it?

brucegel

« Reply #58 on: 10 Sep 2004, 05:53 pm »
It boggles my mind that so many of you can't see the ridiculous nature of all this.Obviously you have emotionally invested in the illusion.I am willing to help you work through it if your willing.

mcrespo71

« Reply #59 on: 10 Sep 2004, 07:48 pm »
Stop trolling :evil: