ZMF (auteur). &. DECWARE. (CSP3)

Delta77

ZMF (auteur). &. DECWARE. (CSP3)
« on: 10 Jan 2018, 09:49 am »
I just had the hardest time picking out “high end” headphones.. So I felt $400-$500 over budget wouldn’t hurt if I choose the right headphones and won’t have to get on the headphone merry go round..Same goes for the amp about $500 over budget..!!

So, I choose ZMF — Auteur  headphones &  DECWARE —  CSP3  headphone amp...!

I got the $200 preorder discount on the headphones..

All custom handmade products, 2 1/2 month wait for each ..
I’m expecting the ZMF’s to come mid-January & the amp mid-February 2018..

Is anybody else jumping on the same “ZMF” Bandwagon ..
Does anyone have experience with DECWARE..??

I plan on buying an OPPO— Sonica DAC/Streamer to head up this headphone system, but until then I will use the OPPO 205 in my main system .

A_shah

Re: ZMF (auteur). &. DECWARE. (CSP3)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2018, 09:53 pm »
Burt
why did you not look at Audeze ? they have excellent Headphones their latest version of LCD 2 is inexpensive, although I sold mine and purchased LCD-x which is what pros's use for mixing the late Arnie Nudell did a write up on that the the Pathos headphone amp.
You should be good with any DEC ware product, let us know your experience with your new H.P.  considering what you heard at my place , also look at mojo I found one for $ 300. it is an amazing HP amp & a DAC it can be used with the main system as well as portable use !
 You should try Dueland IC and speaker cables , they are just amazing , beats anything i have heard or had so far !
Happy New Year !
Asghar

Delta77

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2018, 12:40 am »
Hi Asghar ,
Listening to your Headphone system is what made me believe a Headphone system could sound great,
actually good enough to pull me away from my main system.. and give the Wife a Break..!!
So the hunt started..!! I was reading reviews of most mainstream headphones.. Audeze, was on the Top of the list.. Then I started reading about headphone modifications that could be done..
Which led to Zack and his ZMF’s ..  Being a guy who loves having a Unique piece that is not off the shelf.    ZMF’s just got under my skin ( had to have them ) ... I couldn’t get them out of my mind..
 I was having trouble sleeping .!!

A_shah

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2018, 02:13 am »
Hi Asghar ,
Listening to your Headphone system is what made me believe a Headphone system could sound great,
actually good enough to pull me away from my main system.. and give the Wife a Break..!!
So the hunt started..!! I was reading reviews of most mainstream headphones.. Audeze, was on the Top of the list.. Then I started reading about headphone modifications that could be done..
Which led to Zack and his ZMF’s ..  Being a guy who loves having a Unique piece that is not off the shelf.    ZMF’s just got under my skin ( had to have them ) ... I couldn’t get them out of my mind..
 I was having trouble sleeping .!!

:angel: I know exactly how you feel, ! they are GR8 looking HP ! I am sure you will be be happy with them ! let us Know how  they sound to you ! I know you have a good taste !
Asghar

Delta77

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2018, 04:50 pm »
Asghar,
I am sleeping better now that I finally made the Decision...
After they break-in maybe we can get together and compare your (LCD-X) with my AUTUER's..
I have thoughts of replacing my Candella preamp with Decware's  (CSP3),, MAYBE we'll see..

Delta77

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2018, 10:52 am »
They came..!!   My first headphones ever..!!
     ZMF (Auteur-teakwood)
I do believe they are the second shipment of the First Batch ,(preorder)..
Hooked up directly to the OPPO 205 ,
sounds great , but I think these have the ability to Improve as my HP System improves..
DECWARE (CSP3) HP amp is in the Testing/Quality control room..
And probably back to Cullencable for Cables (silver/copper)..

A_shah

« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb 2018, 01:43 am »
Congratulations !
I am traveling to NW this week end when I return will compare notes , going to check out some Daedalus Speakers  ! :D

Delta77

« Reply #7 on: 1 Feb 2018, 02:23 am »
Asghar,
Good luck in snagging a good deal , Daedalus speakers have my attention as well..
But I do believe most of there speakers are just out of reach of my budget..
Which model are you most interested in..??

A_shah

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2018, 04:30 am »
Asghar,
I am sleeping better now that I finally made the Decision...
After they break-in maybe we can get together and compare your (LCD-X) with my AUTUER's..
I have thoughts of replacing my Candella preamp with Decware's  (CSP3),, MAYBE we'll see..

Sure when ever you are ready I can fly  down to Fresno or you can pop up here  :thumb:

Asghar

Delta77

« Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2018, 12:08 am »
I’ve had her for about 4 weeks.. I’ve spent more time listening (evaluating) her as a preamp in my main system , than I have been using the Headphone amp..!! As a preamp the CSP3 is worth every penny I spent on her..
 No frills, but I don’t care..

The sound is so organic, and the speakers are doing a better job of disappearing, also the bass is just slightly more there.. The tom drums, bongos, guitars, piano, everything is just more full, musical ,and pleasing to me, more details are revealed with cymbals, trumpets, and saxophone..It’s also easier to hear “All The Music” at lower volumes as well..
As a headphone amp , it’s kinda hard to compare with others do to my lack of experience, with headphones and headphone amps.. But the ZMF’s sound way better with the CSP3 ,than when connected directly to the OPPO 205..

A_shah

« Reply #10 on: 30 Mar 2018, 09:15 am »
I’ve had her for about 4 weeks.. I’ve spent more time listening (evaluating) her as a preamp in my main system , than I have been using the Headphone amp..!! As a preamp the CSP3 is worth every penny I spent on her..
 No frills, but I don’t care..

The sound is so organic, and the speakers are doing a better job of disappearing, also the bass is just slightly more there.. The tom drums, bongos, guitars, piano, everything is just more full, musical ,and pleasing to me, more details are revealed with cymbals, trumpets, and saxophone..It’s also easier to hear “All The Music” at lower volumes as well..
As a headphone amp , it’s kinda hard to compare with others do to my lack of experience, with headphones and headphone amps.. But the ZMF’s sound way better with the CSP3 ,than when connected directly to the OPPO 205..

That is one very good looking Pre-amp/HP-Amp , interesting you write no circuit board , point to point wiring , How does it compare to Candela
Asghar