Very Nice

Guan

Very Nice
« on: 15 Apr 2003, 04:07 am »
I must congratulate Bill & Eighth Nerve for a wonderful product.

Until now, room treatment was something I had not actually thought about or taken seriously as I was always more interested in trying out different amps, speakers, cable etc. etc. Exposure to great advice on AC and HD made me realise that the foundation for a good sounding system is clean power, a sonically accommodating room and synergistic components. I started off with installing a dedicated ac line and getting a DeZorel AR Senior filter which I am very happy with.  This made a quite significant improvement and stabilised the sound of my system.

At this stage, although equipment changes obviously did make a difference, certain sonic characteristics like boomy bass at certain low frequencies, hot upper mids and peaky treble still seem to plague my system regardless of what I did. So when I read about Eighth Nerve products I contacted Bill. Bill was extremely helpful, patient and responsive. Being in Hong Kong, I could not get the benefit of a personal consultation but I did the next best thing by sending pics of my living room to Bill and he worked on these.

I ended up installing a Room Pack, a seam pack and 2 extra seams.   The overall effect is that my listening environment is now a lot more pleasant. I was initially concerned that the room sounded a little too dead. But further listening convinced me that this was because the treatment banished a lot of unwanted reverberation and echo. There is no loss of vibrancy and bass has better control and music is smoother, more focused and richer sounding. I find there is better depth and longer decays.  All in all, a very worthwhile and significant upgrade!  :wink:

WilliamL

Very Nice
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2003, 04:58 am »
Guan,

Glad that you were able to receive everything in Hong Kong so quickly. I guess the postal systems in our countries are pretty decent after all!  

Good also to know that the room is sounding excellent. (There is still going to be some sound pressure loss because of the lack of a side wall running all the way, and the other issue with the back wall being located somewhat far behind your listening position. But these can be addressed in the future when you get more settled in to your new place, etc. )

Also, make sure you post a picture of your child when he/she is born. Best of luck and congrats!

Its been a while (going on 2 years) since I have been to Asia, so I am really starting to get restless. Especially when I think about all the beautiful women in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Singapore!  :oops:

Thanks and Regards,
Bill  : www.eighthnerve.com