Asymmetrical room issues

brad b

Asymmetrical room issues
« on: 12 Mar 2003, 10:30 pm »
Bill:  By system is located in my basement next to an open stair which puts my audio gear asymmetrically located to one side.  Total room width is around 14' with the stairs = 36".  My speakers are around 2' from one side wall and 5' from the stair wall.  I have placed ASC tube traps behind my system with reflective side toward the listener and have actually moved the speaker nearest to the stair about 5" closer towards me to bring things into focus.  My goal would be to create a nearfield boundary next to the speaker by the stair but really don't know if I'm helping or hurting.  A little advice would help.  Room length is 18' with 7' ceiling.  Back wall has bookcases with triangular foam wedges at the ceiling to reduce base overload.  (Wedges are better than before, but don't know if they are the best solution)
thx
Brad

8thnerve

Re: Asymmetrical room issues
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2003, 05:42 pm »
Brad,

The easiest way to help would be to fax us a diagram of your room complete with furniture and system placement, as well as any architectural features with dimensions.  We can provide you with exact recommendations from there.  Our fax is 615-742-4617.