GAS Flea Market thread

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #400 on: 4 Dec 2017, 03:51 am »
Are any of the O scopes available?   MM2

Sorry, I just saw your response.    :duh:   I think so; I'll check.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #401 on: 4 Dec 2017, 03:55 am »
Sorry, I just saw your response.    :duh:   I think so; I'll check.

Yep.  One new in the box and maybe 10-12 more, some disassembled, I'm told.

UPDATE:  Here's some of the o'scope inventory I was talking about.  2 more unopened in boxes.  PM me for their info.

« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2017, 04:31 am by thunderbrick »

daves

« Reply #402 on: 9 Dec 2017, 03:52 pm »
I have a pair of Snell Eii speakers, recently refoamed ALNICO woofers at Winston Electronics by Bill, with walnut veneer and black grille cloth, for $300. They will make a nice stocking stuffer, ready to go.

Thanks, Dave

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #403 on: 13 Dec 2017, 06:43 pm »
Still available for this Saturday!
I have for sale 2 tickets to the SLSO's Holiday concert on Saturday Dec 16th at 7:30 PM.

Dress Circle level, seats D-102 & D-104. PM me if you're interested. These are old-school tickets that I have in hand.

Thanks,
Kevin

kentj1948

78 Records for Free!
« Reply #404 on: 14 Dec 2017, 04:49 pm »
A friend of mine sent along this email.  If you have any interest in these records, let me know and I will put you in touch. Thanks, Kent

Kent:
I've been going through some of the old stuff I had and came upon some old 78s which my parents must have left with me. Most if not all of them are "Victor Talking Machine" pressings which do not bear any discernible year either on the label or on the vinyl. Some appear to be 8 in diameter and others are 12 in.  None of the titles are works which would interest me and even if they did I would not play them on my turntable. Do you know of any person or place that might be interested in them before they are consigned to the weekly trash pickup?

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #405 on: 14 Dec 2017, 05:23 pm »
They're not worth much, but I might be able to give them a home.

PS I'm still figuring out cactus stylii.

trloh

KEF LS50
« Reply #406 on: 16 Dec 2017, 04:38 pm »
Price reduced to $800.00

Pair of black KEF LS50 bookshelf speakers.  They sound great but it is time to move along to another speaker for me.  They are in excellent condition I would rate them a 8 out of 10 since they are used.

I am near High Ridge and the speakers can be viewed and heard if you choose and I am open to meeting around the St. Louis area just let me know.

Price dropped on Jan 28th asking $800.00
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2018, 10:35 pm by trloh »

pdreher

I have a variety of Home Theater gear available at great prices, for pickup only in west St. Louis county (St. Louis, Missouri).

- Klipsch Surround Sound Speaker system for $399. Retailed for $1,795 in 2004.  Condition 8/10

- Denon AVR 2803 AV Receiver, 90 wpc, with remote and manual for $195 ($895 retail in 2004). Condition 8/10

- Marantz SR685 AV Receiver, 85 wpc, no remote or manual for $70. Purchased in 2000. Condition 7/10.

- Denon DVD 910 DVD/CD Player with remote and manual for $50. Retailed for $300 in 2004. Condition 6/10 due to scuffs and dust, but plays well.

- ZVOX 555 Sound Bar with remote for $60 ($299 retail). Purchased in 2010.  Condition 8.

- Sharp XV-Z200U Projector. Powers on, but bulb is dim and needs replaced. Only $50... retailed for $4,495 in 2004. See my add with pics on US Audio Mart.

Email me at dreherpaul@yahoo.com for more pics.

Klipsch Surround Sound Speaker system for $399. Retailed for $1,795 in 2004.  Condition 8/10

Denon AVR 2803 AV Receiver, 90 wpc, with remote and manual for $195 ($895 retail in 2004). Condition 8/10

Marantz SR685 AV Receiver, 85 wpc, no remote or manual for $70. Purchased in 2000. Condition 7/10.

Denon DVD 910 DVD/CD Player with remote and manual for $50. Retailed for $300 in 2004. Condition 6/10 due to scuffs and dust, but plays well.

Sharp XV-Z200U Projector. Powers on, but bulb is dim and needs replaced. Only $50... retailed for $4,495 in 2004. See my add with pics on US Audio Mart.

jibzilla

« Reply #408 on: 25 Dec 2017, 03:42 am »
I have a few audio goodies I'd rather not ship.

Kenwood kp-9010: The buttons fell off during shipping. I glued them all back on successfully except the power button. The power button works but I overglued and it takes some doing to power on and off. Original mat, head shell, manual and box. Dustcover is crack free. Looking for $750. I bought it from yahoo.jp a year and half ago.

Accuphase C-280: Just my luck and I get my new pre amp sent to me, get ready to sell this pre amp, and the medium gain craps out. I thought it would be the speaker cables or interconnects but sure enough it is the medium gain on this C-280.  Hi and Low gain work fine. I tested them throughly. Was going to ask $1300 but since there is a malfunction only $1000. I bought it from Hifido.jp about a year ago and other than the medium gain no other issues.

Sony APM-4 + Tannoy st100's + Maple shade 4" speaker plinths: My gut is telling me don't do this. It sounds tremendously good. It's just every piece of audio equipment I have had I have put up against something else and well I guess that list will include uber rare vintage Japan speakers. There are also 2 gentlemen who I have bought from before with Scepter 5001's and well I'm curious. Would like to sell as a set but here are some separate prices and if you buy 2 and preferably all 3 I can throw in a small discount.

APM-4's: $3250
St100's:  $1000
Mapleshade plinths: $500

The APM 4's are 100 pounds a piece so will have to come out to my neck of the woods for those and bring a helper. So worth it though.

Merry Christmas and Cheers.

jameskrack86@gmail.com
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2018, 05:30 am by jibzilla »

Magnus

« Reply #409 on: 29 Dec 2017, 08:35 pm »
Hello, I have a nice sounding Marantz iPhone/iPod dock. If you have an older iPod or iPhone, I think it acquits itself nicely. Also thrown is is the iPod. Asking $30 or best offer. Just message me. I’ll do my best to reply promptly.

Steven

SOLD. thanks!

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2018, 01:55 pm by Magnus »

kentj1948

Aurelex Acoustics Sub Dude HT subwoofer vibration dampeners
« Reply #410 on: 2 Jan 2018, 09:52 pm »
I bought a pair of these bases to try with my main system speakers.  They are designed to drain away cabinet vibrations from subwoofers and improve bass clarity.  Here is a link that offers a fuller explanation.

https://www.auralex.com/product/subdude-ht/

For whatever reasons, while the bass was very good, the treble got extremely bright.  They just did not work as I had hoped.  There is a little scuffing on the fabric due to moving speakers on and off them but they are in excellent shape.  I have only had them a couple of months.  List is $100 each, they sell for typically $80 and I am asking $50.  I have a pair and will sell them separately.

Contact me with any questions.  Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kentj 636-399-8053

restrav

« Reply #411 on: 2 Jan 2018, 10:17 pm »
are u in pa?

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Aurelex Acoustics Sub Dude HT subwoofer vibration dampeners
« Reply #412 on: 3 Jan 2018, 04:09 am »
I bought a pair of these bases to try with my main system speakers.  They are designed to drain away cabinet vibrations from subwoofers and improve bass clarity.  Here is a link that offers a fuller explanation.

https://www.auralex.com/product/subdude-ht/

For whatever reasons, while the bass was very good, the treble got extremely bright.  They just did not work as I had hoped.  There is a little scuffing on the fabric due to moving speakers on and off them but they are in excellent shape.  I have only had them a couple of months.  List is $100 each, they sell for typically $80 and I am asking $50.  I have a pair and will sell them separately.

Contact me with any questions.  Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kentj 636-399-8053

Kent, how could the treble get extremely bright when using subs?   :scratch:

kentj1948

« Reply #413 on: 3 Jan 2018, 04:36 pm »
I guess I wasn't very clear that I was experimenting with these with full-range speakers, my Revel 208s.  Why the treble got so bright is the mystery but I had them on and off these bases several times and no matter what changes I  made, the sound was still way too bright on the bases.  I have a berber carpet over concrete floor so it is possible that they may work better if you have speakers on a wood floor.  I do think they clean up the bass somewhat so using them with subs is definitely preferable.

Kent 

JohnH12

• John H
« Reply #414 on: 4 Jan 2018, 12:25 am »
One indication of reduced bass response is higher midrange and treble sound.

dlmcc

« Reply #415 on: 5 Jan 2018, 08:45 pm »
I have a bunch ~ 200+ 

I need to part with them as soon as I can.
Mostly LP’S some 45’s & 78’s.
Near 141 and Ladue.
They will be very cheap or a trade?
Local pick up only.

Thanks
Doug

jibzilla

« Reply #416 on: 6 Jan 2018, 03:16 pm »
What are the genre's?

dlmcc

« Reply #417 on: 6 Jan 2018, 03:51 pm »
I actually have not looked at all of them, I am helping get rid of them.
They are not at my house, so I can’t look at them right now.

Mostly classical but there is everything from
Streisand, Conniff, Evita, Nero and .....

My goal in to depart with them all at once.
I just do not have the time to do it any other way.
But they will go cheap.

montaldos

This item is sold. Thanks

I have a pretty pristine teak Grace 714 tonearm. These are difficult to find in this cosmetic condition and in perfect working order, but nearly impossible to find with a brand new bearing. The new bearing was installed in December 2017.  Includes original phono cable from Grace, as well. I am going to list it on Audiogon for the price of $895 but will give a better price to a local Audiocircle buyer.

Cosmetically it looks excellent to my eyes except for the usual, unavoidable slight smear of the wood finish where the tonearm clip
holds. The arm is straight and everything works as it should.

Thanks for looking looking.

« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2018, 11:33 pm by montaldos »

kentj1948

Speaker Stands, Free Magazines
« Reply #419 on: 15 Jan 2018, 08:44 pm »

I have a pair of heavy duty 20-inch speaker stands.  I thought they were Target but I  may be wrong.  The speaker platform measures 6.5 by 7.5 inches and the base measures 12 inches by 10.  The center column is 3 inches on each side.  They may have been filled with sand, but I can't recall for sure.  I modified the base so they could be leveled while the speaker was on them.  The bolts used are 5/16 inch and spikes or more interesting bolts are readily available.  They are heavy.  Asking $100.

I have quite a few audio magazines that I would be happy to give to someone interested in them.  They are mostly HiFi News with some HiFi Choice, TAS, and Stereophiles. 

Thanks for checking out my ad.  Call or PM me with any interest.  Kent Johnson 636-399-8053

« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2018, 08:25 pm by kentj1948 »