RMAF 2015 Pez and Tyson Coverage Day 2

SoCalWJS

Re: RMAF 2015 Pez and Tyson Coverage Day 2
« Reply #40 on: 4 Oct 2015, 12:31 am »

General Room Notes – No listening notes for this room because whatever random customer/show goer who happened to be with us in the room at the time STANK WORSE THAN ANY OTHER HUMAN I’VE EVER SMELLLED.  Good God it was so bad you could not escape it no matter where you went in the room.  Shockingly this is not the first time we’ve encountered this at the show.  My message for people like that “I know that being around other human beings is ridiculously stressful for basement trolls like you, and being out in the sunlight probably burns your eyes, but FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE FUCKING WASH YOURSELF YOU STANK STANK STANK STANK YOU RANK PIECE OF CRAP.”

We’ll try to come back later and sorry about the rant.

I think I met this same guy at the show a couple of years ago. I walked into a room and the odor literally made my eyes start watering, so I immediately left.

Felt sorry for the vendors in the room who had to put up with it.

Some people........ :cuss:

rascal

« Reply #41 on: 4 Oct 2015, 12:53 am »

Tyson’s Notes Sonore Audio Room

General Room Notes – No listening notes for this room because whatever random customer/show goer who happened to be with us in the room at the time STANK WORSE THAN ANY OTHER HUMAN I’VE EVER SMELLLED.  Good God it was so bad you could not escape it no matter where you went in the room.  Shockingly this is not the first time we’ve encountered this at the show.  My message for people like that “I know that being around other human beings is ridiculously stressful for basement trolls like you, and being out in the sunlight probably burns your eyes, but FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE FUCKING WASH YOURSELF YOU STANK STANK STANK STANK YOU RANK PIECE OF CRAP.”

Tyson/Pez- did you take pictures of audience? Otherwise what is the use of the rant  :banghead: :whip:

Need to take pics of loudmouths and skanks  :flame: please  :icon_twisted:

Ric Schultz

« Reply #42 on: 4 Oct 2015, 02:47 am »
Just checked the Vaughn website.  The speakers you listened to are 93 db efficient and a 11-16 ohm load (perfect for tube amp).  There are also 4 more 4 inch mids in the rear (bipolar array) and the woofers are self powered.  So, solid state super powered bass with super tube amps driving all eight small drivers and plasma.......it should sound great!  Can I have one please!.......make that two.

sunnydaze

« Reply #43 on: 4 Oct 2015, 04:09 am »
Precisely Ric.   Exactly as i described them in post #49 here: 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=137610.msg1464134#msg1464134

OzarkTom

« Reply #44 on: 4 Oct 2015, 06:56 am »
Jason,

Don't beat yourself up over your initial impression of SRV's Tin Pan Alley.  That's our job.  :lol:  I do not use that track for testing. It is very holographic but it lacks a center or focus IMO.

More info on the Plasma Canons please.  Are they sold separately?  I want a pair.  Well, just because they are called canons.  :green:  And plasma canons sound like something out of Star Wars.  :flame:

For a set of new plasma's, they are $7k. Earlier this summer he had two pairs of the older rebuilt plasmas for  3 or 4k. They have attenuators to match them to your personal speakers. Some people spends more than that on line conditioners or speaker cables that will not improve their systems nearly as much as these plasmas will. The speakers he is showing are $15k with plasmas, $9k with bullet ribbon tweeters.

Jim Vaughn use to own a very high-end audio salon for years in the Midwest, so he definitely knows what it takes to be competitive in the manufacturing business side of audio.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #45 on: 4 Oct 2015, 11:12 am »
What were those speakers in the smelly room? 

Maybe that guy is nose deaf or just wants the room to himself. 

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #46 on: 4 Oct 2015, 01:30 pm »
Sorry about the problem!  I hope you guys will have time to visit the Sonore room today.

Best,

Barrows

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #47 on: 4 Oct 2015, 04:02 pm »
I may have missed it somewhere, but as per the AudioKinesis room, did Duke give any details about his new stand-mount speakers?

No Atma-Sphere this year...I'm curious to know more about the amplification used and the synergy of the electronics in general, if anyone would care to comment.

Don_S

« Reply #48 on: 4 Oct 2015, 05:29 pm »
For a set of new plasma's, they are $7k. Earlier this summer he had two pairs of the older rebuilt plasmas for  3 or 4k. They have attenuators to match them to your personal speakers. Some people spends more than that on line conditioners or speaker cables that will not improve their systems nearly as much as these plasmas will. The speakers he is showing are $15k with plasmas, $9k with bullet ribbon tweeters.

Jim Vaughn use to own a very high-end audio salon for years in the Midwest, so he definitely knows what it takes to be competitive in the manufacturing business side of audio.

Tom,

Thank you very much for the information.  I looked at the Vaughn website.  The plasma canons are shown but there is no info.

wisnon

« Reply #49 on: 4 Oct 2015, 05:33 pm »

Raidho

mick wolfe

« Reply #50 on: 4 Oct 2015, 07:04 pm »

Maybe he was the valet that parked Seinfeld's BMW. Hint: Only fans of Seinfeld fan will get that one.

KCLam

« Reply #51 on: 5 Oct 2015, 09:00 am »
[General Room Notes – No listening notes for this room because whatever random customer/show goer who happened to be with us in the room at the time STANK WORSE THAN ANY OTHER HUMAN I’VE EVER SMELLLED.  Good God it was so bad you could not escape it no matter where you went in the room.  Shockingly this is not the first time we’ve encountered this at the show.  My message for people like that “I know that being around other human beings is ridiculously stressful for basement trolls like you, and being out in the sunlight probably burns your eyes, but FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE FUCKING WASH YOURSELF YOU STANK STANK STANK STANK YOU RANK PIECE OF CRAP.”

[/quote]

It's not funny when that happens to all of you when that person has scents of humus.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #52 on: 5 Oct 2015, 12:30 pm »
Maybe he was the valet that parked Seinfeld's BMW. Hint: Only fans of Seinfeld fan will get that one.
Got a good laugh from that one (:

mav52

« Reply #53 on: 5 Oct 2015, 12:49 pm »

The Smelly Car, Season 4, Episode 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEhqiCD27E
 LOL

sunnydaze

« Reply #54 on: 5 Oct 2015, 06:29 pm »
Tom,

Thank you very much for the information.  I looked at the Vaughn website.  The plasma canons are shown but there is no info.

That's funny...

When I open the Vaughn website on my laptop, under "products" I see the Plasma II model, not the Canons.  But looks identical to the show pair.  I'm guessing same speakers, with a name change?  And it does have the complete build details, specs and prices.

But when I open the site on my android phone I see the same Plasma II, but no details/specs/prices.    :scratch:

sunnydaze

« Reply #55 on: 8 Oct 2015, 04:19 pm »
That's funny...

When I open the Vaughn website on my laptop, under "products" I see the Plasma II model, not the Canons.  But looks identical to the show pair.  I'm guessing same speakers, with a name change?  And it does have the complete build details, specs and prices.

But when I open the site on my android phone I see the same Plasma II, but no details/specs/prices.    :scratch:

OK, the website says 15k for these speakers while the S'phile show review says 20k.  And the review says the model is called Plasma II, just like the website.  Not Canons.  Why the confusion?  :scratch:   Annoying.

The way this system honed onto instruments and soloists was extraordinary. Alison Krauss's voice hovered in the air, like a Siren calling to me, as I enjoyed the familiar pairing of Wavelength Audio and Vaughn loudspeakers. A recording of solo violin sounded equally wonderful. Equally lovely was Lyle Lovett's "She's Already Made Up her Mind." There was something very haunting about this system's sound that drew me in.

Doing the honors were the combination of Vaughn Plasma II Limited Edition loudspeakers ($20,000/pair) with Fostex dipole midrange and powered subwoofers, AudioQuest cabling, either Wavelength's Crimson+Q1 FPGA DoP/PCM DAC module ($9000) or Cosecant+Quotient FPGA DoP/PCM DAC module ($4000), Wavelength's Europa preamplifier ($7500), and one of three possible Wavelength monoblock amplifier pairings: the limited-edition, all-silver Napoleon Ag Silver ($35,000/pair), Corona V2 VT52 Silver ($20,000/pair), or Cardinal Classic ($5000/pair). In answer to the question, why didn't you ask which of those was playing while you were in the room, the answer is that I didn't know to ask what was playing. The system component list was on a USB stick that I couldn't view in the room. Thus, I had no way of knowing what I needed to know. All that occupied my mind was the music.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/gold-and-more-end-jasons-first-day#ZAfiBAjK4w88Ieoh.97