if you were to buy a 'next' TT ??

Rocket

Re: if you were to buy a 'next' TT ??
« Reply #120 on: 27 Jul 2008, 02:50 am »
Hi Guys,

I have been using a Bluenote Piccolo turntable for about 4 years.  I've had a number of problems and had to replace the following components:

Motor
Tonearm support

The turntable sounded much better than a rega 3 that I had.  The issues have been rectified by Bluenote and I found there customer support to be really good.  I also have a bluenote phonostage which is very good.

Regards

Rod

cascais

« Reply #121 on: 27 Jul 2008, 09:14 pm »
I have owned Oracle tts since the 1980s buying my present Delphi III about 15 years ago with a SME IV tonearm. Being an Oracle, its motor tended to go off speed especially when I moved to Europe and was using it with a step-up transformer. When it began to spin wildly, I took it to a local stereo shop whose technician overhauled it, hard wired the motor to the 12 volt converter and changed the voltage to 230. He completely transformed the tt which has behaved and sounded great ever since, like an Oracle should. If I were to buy a "next" tt, I would probably go for a Delphi V although they cost much more here in Europe than in North America. But there is no more beautiful table and few that sound as good.

Cheers, John

alebonau

« Reply #122 on: 1 Aug 2008, 09:55 pm »
My Rega P25 has been reloaded  :D

got an email this morning from james who loaded and set it up for me. he described its sounds in word "awesome" ! and posted some pics of my TT on his website :)

http://www.drhifihousecalls.com.au/Hi-Fi/Rega%20P25%20Reloaded/Rega%20P25.htm

cant wait to head down to have a listen :)