Theatrical release schedule through 12/2005

bubba966

« on: 20 Oct 2003, 06:58 am »
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/release.html

Sure, all dates are subject to change. But it's interesting to at least see what's currently in the works...

bob82274

« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2003, 09:19 pm »
There look to be some good sequals next year.  Problem is that I'm not hyped up bout any orginals.  We shall see though.  

Couple of things to point out:

December 17, 2003: empty except for one movie... looks like the other studios have learned their lesson

Summer looks good with Bourne Supremecy, Spider Man II, and Harry Potter.  I had for the longest time avoided Potter (much like Rob avoided the Matrix  :P ) but am now in a similar postion in that I plan on going to see it opening weekend.  It was good stuff.  And Bourne Identity was one of the best spy films in a while.  If they keep it "realistic" like have cars that crunch and not blow up I'll be a happy guy.  

One other on there that I didn't know about was the new Broken Lizard film.  They were the ones responsible for SuperTroopers for those who don't know.  I personally thought it was funny as hell but others may disagree.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2003, 10:41 pm »
I really loved The Bourne Identity, much to my surprise.  I've never been a huge Damon fan, but he was very good and the movie was excellent.  It seems like I read it was meant to be a trilogy (surprise!) so I'm anxious to see the next installment.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2003, 05:35 am »
Quote from: bob82274
December 17, 2003: empty except for one movie... looks like the other studios have learned their lesson

Or, it could be because it's a Wednesday...

wshuff

The Bourne Identity...
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2003, 03:32 pm »
Robert Ludlum wrote three Jason Bourne books.  The first was The Bourne Identity, then there was The Bourne Supremacy and finally The Bourne Ultimatum (I may have the last two in the wrong order).  I had never read them when I saw The Bourne Identity with Matt Damon.  I liked the movie so I picked up the book.  And I couldn't put it down.  And when I finished, I had to get the other two.  I ended up liking the books far more than I liked the movie, but with the exception of the name and a general resemblance to the story, the books are entirely different.  Or, I guess I should say, the movie was not at all faithful to the book.  I'm sure that the remaining movies will not have any relation to the books, but I'm hoping that they will at least be as good as the first movie.

If you liked the movie, I highly recommend that you give the books a try.  And if you didn't like the movie, go ahead and give the book a try anyway.  It is a different story.