Thanks To Danny!

tubav

Thanks To Danny!
« on: 19 Oct 2018, 03:04 pm »
Thanks to Danny for helping me with my GR M-165/Focal tc90tdx project! He's worked with these drivers a lot

and sent me a great crossover design. The cabinet has a 5 degree slant front and back and has the same volume as the Encore X-LS. The jig for surface mounting the tweeter is tricky and mine while not perfect, is good enough for me. I think they sound great. Danny's the man! Yea, I know I need another coat of Duratex to hide the seams better.

Captainhemo

Re: Thanks To Danny!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2018, 04:09 pm »
Cool, I like the  slope   and the fact  the baffle is as narrow  as possible
Bet  they sound  great  :thumb:

jay

tubav

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2018, 05:15 pm »
Baffle is 8" wide with a 3/8" roundover on either side of the driver. The mounting flange on the M-165 blends right into the roundover. They are 10 1/2" deep and 16 1/2" tall. Thanks.

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2018, 05:38 pm »
Baffle is 8" wide with a 3/8" roundover on either side of the driver. The mounting flange on the M-165 blends right into the roundover. They are 10 1/2" deep and 16 1/2" tall. Thanks.

Just  a suggestion, if you ever build   another pair, make the baffle  slightly  wider and use a larger  radius round over. on the  vertical edges.... the bigger  the  radius  the better

jay