Any good speaker veneer experts?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Any good speaker veneer experts?
« on: 29 Apr 2009, 10:07 pm »
Hi all,
I'm about to start building a pair of Elsinore speakers and I'm able to do all of the building except the veneering (just not comfortable with that).  I'd like to get a professional to do this final step, but I'm not sure who or what to look for. 

Does anyone know a person or company that can do a good wood veneering on a pair of speaker boxes in the Denver area?

Mr Content

Re: Any good speaker veneer experts?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2009, 10:17 pm »
What if we were able to talk you thru it. I could even do a series of photos if it would help. Is is easy if you follow a few simple steps. :thumb:

Mr C aa

BradJudy

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2009, 11:32 pm »
Tyson, there's a place out in Golden that sells a lot of raw veneer in flitches - I bet they can refer you to some local professionals who buy veneer from them.

http://www.wood-veneers.com/

Randall

• http://colosoundesign.com
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2009, 12:36 pm »
Yes, call me or email me with your contact info. 

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2009, 06:06 am »
OK, getting someone to do it for me is far too costly.  Any tips for doing it myself would be appreciated.

tcsubwoofer

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jul 2009, 03:20 pm »
Tyson, just ran across this post.  We met way back when we were  "Norhphiles" if you remember.  How are things?  I started perusing the Denver Audio Mafia forum because I was hoping to connect with some local audiophiles. 

I built a pair of Selah Audio RC-5G speakers and finished them in January.  I veneered them myself and have a veneer press I might be able to loan you.  I have a couple of tips but I am no expert.  Check out www.joewoodworker.com as I found a lot of information there and bought my veneer press kit from them.

I bought my veneer from www.certainlywood.com.

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jul 2009, 03:34 pm »
Tyson, if you are still looking for how to veneer, I highly recommend reading some of the how-to threads on htguide.com/forum under the Mission DIY possible sub section.  I highly recommend the "iron-out" method as this is the most forgiving and simple to do, especially when its your first time. 

I am not expert but I found enough info on the above site to successfully do it myself without many issues.  My few issues resulted from my own added complexity.