Absolute Sound gives Audio by Van Alstine's T8 preamp an Editor's Choice Award!

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Congrats Frank.

Bryan

martyo

That's the most nasty thing I can ever remember saying to them.  I do try to keep it a bit cleaner than Karl Rove these days.

I would imagine quite a bit.  :wink:

Wayner

Stereopile is filled with a bunch of nasty sea-slugs. I let my subscription expire long ago, exhausted by the tyrannical rants and raves, I like a few folks there but just couldn't take it any more. Actually, I miss the days of Stereo Review with Julian Hirsch and the former High Fidelity magazine. They were fun and did some reviews. I think they were mostly just adds, which I didn't mind, as it kept me informed as to what was new. We'd head down to the local shop to see if they had got in the latest and greatest. I remember when the AR-5 speakers came out....................

:bawl:

rustneversleeps

Wayner, I wouldn't bring Julian Hirsch into the picture. When I was a young lad (I'm not that old, by the way), Julian Hirsch misled me into thinking the silver oriental stuff were high end. Every last statement of his review was always "this whatever piece sounded as good as it measured for it's price." Whatever the hell it was supposed to mean.The guy was deaf in my opinion.

But I am sure that he was just doing his job, and he had the chance to play with all those gear, I wish I had his job.