Introducing myself

Icebadger

Introducing myself
« on: 14 May 2022, 05:57 pm »
My name is Tim Crowell. I recently moved back to the KC metro area. I have been an audiophile for about 45 years. For most of those years, I have been a weekend loudspeaker designer and exotic driver collector. Due to a health issue, I had to sell off almost all my collection, but I still have a lot of knowledge about those drivers and would be happy to help anyone investigating an exotic driver or trying to integrate home theater & two-channel systems.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2022, 09:03 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Tim   :thumb:  Hope your health is getting better.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2022, 09:22 pm »
Welcome!

Blackmore

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2022, 10:28 pm »
Welcome from the east side of the state. 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2022, 09:26 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
Any Alnico or Fieldcoil ?

coffeebush

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2022, 09:46 am »
Good evening from brisbane Australia. Intend to read the diy pages particularly about vacuum tube amplifiers and full range speakers. Have been listening to  the radio and records since the Beatles days. Made a wrong turn and sold my linn sondek for a Philips CD player in the 80s. I now have a td160 recently bought so trying to recover what I have forgone. I have mainly listened to Quad transistor amps since the 70s but sold my 405 a few years back to join the class d fraternity. I must admit it is very clean sounding with bottomless bass. I watched a y tube video of an English gentleman assembling an eBay pcb of a 300b amp. That and reading about a point to point build of a similar design with different operating points for the driver and power tube encouraged me to give it a go. I started with the pcb version then about after a year or so modified it to the Cascade Audio 300b set which has been my mainstay since 2019. I recently completed a new set again of Cascade Audio design using 12au7s and a single 6as7. In my case I am using a 6080 or a 6n13s until I can find an affordable 6as7. I have regained the enjoyment of music with these new amps and turntable. Of course mostly I listen to digital recordings but will continue to try and rebuild a vinyl library of sorts. I look forward to this forum.  :D