Legacy Audio Impulse integrated amp (200W/Channel SS amp) - low volume

milindks

Hi,

I recently bought used Legacy Audio Impulse integrated amplifier locally, There is not lot of information online but it was mentioned that it was built by Coda technologies for Legacy audio and its 200 W/ channel in 8 ohm and 400 W / Channel in 4 ohms (so Similar to Coda Csib int amp).

I used this amp to drive ProAc DR40R as well as Audio Nirvana high efficiency speakers, The issue I am experiencing is that I have to increase volume quite a bit for decent volume level (it goes from 99 —> 0 and I have to increase it to 35, to listen to decent volume.)

My other two amps combinations

1. Musical Paradise small tube int amp MP-301 (6.5 W / Channel)

2. Aric audio unlimited preamp + Digital Audio Company class D Cherry mono blocks

Are more louder at lower volume than higher volume on Legacy audio Impulse integrated amp (200 W / Channel SS) which is really puzzling.

Just wondering what could be the issue with the amp, Why do i have to turn the volume so high ? There is hardly any documentation available online so no manual is available to troubleshoot.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
The Legacy brochure I have doesn't list input sensitivity, but it may be lower than most equipment.
Volume control position is about gain, not power.
Does it seem fine otherwise?
Nothing to worry about if all else seems fine and it sounds good.

Freo-1

If the preamp section is passive,  then the behavior described is perfectly normal.  I don't think it's anything to be concerned with.

milindks

The Legacy brochure I have doesn't list input sensitivity, but it may be lower than most equipment.
Volume control position is about gain, not power.
Does it seem fine otherwise?
Nothing to worry about if all else seems fine and it sounds good.

Thank you

milindks

If the preamp section is passive,  then the behavior described is perfectly normal.  I don't think it's anything to be concerned with.

Thank you