Regarding our B&W 801 Series 2 crossover fix.

avahifi

• Facilitator
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Regarding our B&W 801 Series 2 crossover fix.
« on: 2 Feb 2021, 03:23 pm »
We still offer this as a free download to anyone asking for it.  Just email us at Frank@avahifi.com requesting the info.

Here is a recent report back to me from a client who just completed our crossover fix to his speakers.

Hey they are both done now and I'm loving it! Thank you. I was surprised to hear the quality of the bass, and the new presence of the mids. These speakers could never have been called "muddy"  but they are even less so now. Wonderful.

I did one yesterday and did a lot  of side by side listening and A/B. Then i finished today. Really a welcome change. Next I will replace the electrolytics and see if that has another good benefit. I don't expect a ton from that but I feel like it's time. So interesting  that the mids are now silent when I have them unhooked. They were definitely getting woofer signal before! The tweeters still do get signal when they are unhooked, but I imagine that's not as big an issue. Would be interesting to know what that is but the speakers sound great.