New Felix Power Line Conditioner “FO-Felix”

undertowogt1

Re: New Felix Power Line Conditioner “FO-Felix”
« Reply #40 on: 9 May 2019, 01:28 am »
What is going on with the Green wire from the Power socket input in the above photo. Is it attached to a ground screw to the chassis then to the plug ground?

Folsom

« Reply #41 on: 9 May 2019, 01:39 am »
Yes. We call it safety ground.

WireNut

« Reply #42 on: 19 May 2019, 08:29 pm »
I'd like to add a small 120 volt LED or Neon indicator light to my Fo-Felix front panel but I'm not sure what to buy.
Any Ideas or links would be helpful. Thanks.

Folsom

« Reply #43 on: 19 May 2019, 08:41 pm »
When I want that I usually look for a switch with an LED on it. Like this.

WireNut

« Reply #44 on: 19 May 2019, 09:15 pm »
When I want that I usually look for a switch with an LED on it. Like this.

Thanks Jeremy.

My power switch is almost identical to that one but without the LED.
I'll look for my same switch but with an LED hopefully using the same size panel cutout.

I wasted one of my front panels already due to a component change, so I've been looking into just adding an LED if possible.
Don't want to ask my old employer for a new piece of aluminum :deadhorse:.

Folsom

« Reply #45 on: 19 May 2019, 09:30 pm »
Honestly I think adding an LED is sort of a pain. You can do with some diodes and capacitors.... I'm not sure why it's such a pain.

WireNut

« Reply #46 on: 19 May 2019, 09:41 pm »
I'll find one that fits. I have this one now.
Mouser# 691-RGSCA901RB-B-E

undertowogt1

« Reply #47 on: 26 May 2019, 03:01 am »
Between busy season with work and family life I worked little by little and finally finished my Fo Felix. I put it in line last night right after I completed it and my jaw immediately hit the floor. I was shocked at the improvement this power conditioner made in my system.

My wife really had no idea what I was building in the workroom, all she knew is that it was “some sort of power cleaner”. I went upstairs and asked her to come down to the man cave for listen. She also immediately noticed how good it sounded as I played familiar songs from the digital portion of my system. I added my previous garage sale Furman power condition in line to show her the difference, within seconds we could hear unpleasant sound compared to the FoFelix. It was flat, harsh and fatiguing compared to the Fo Felix. My wife and I both notice how the Digital FLAC files sound more analogue, like when I play my records. I kept on mentioning how smooth it now sounds. The instruments and reverbs popped and everything is more dynamic and detailed, the Bass deepened, the sound stage deepened. I am really blown away how important a good power conditioner really is. It kind of sounds a little crazy that a quality power conditioner can do this, but it seems to be true. This DIY Project took my system to a level I was not expecting. Thank Jeremy, another super fun and rewarding build. (Looks like I have to trim the Back panel to straighten it a bit)

Digital setup is:
Laptop / Foobar 2000 running All FLAC Files > USB to ifi DAC2 with ifi USB Purifier 1 > Promitheus Audio Dual Mono TVC > Folsom Amp > Spatial M3 Turbo S Speakers

Folsom

« Reply #48 on: 26 May 2019, 04:11 am »
 :thumb:

BTW you don't need fuses on the larger Bourn inductor. It doesn't do anything unless the resistor is tied to it (something on the earlier board that protects the resistor, the later boards didn't need it, I'm not sure which revision you have).

Did you plug the laptop in, too?

SET Man

« Reply #49 on: 26 May 2019, 04:56 am »
.... I was shocked at the improvement this power conditioner made in my system.

Hey!

Nice work there. Now try them with your TV too  :wink:

Buddy

vinylvalet

« Reply #50 on: 26 May 2019, 12:11 pm »
Are you planning another build? What quantity to you need to justify it? I might be able to get enough friends together locally to justify it. Thanks.

undertowogt1

« Reply #51 on: 26 May 2019, 03:02 pm »
:thumb:

Did you plug the laptop in, too?

I did not yet, My Laptop sits about 10 feet from the ifi DAC 2 Input VIA USB cable. I only made 4 outlets for the Fo Felix, all are full. I wouls have to pop a power bar or slitter inline so I can break out to my Laptop for power. Maybe I will try that.

ZAKski288

« Reply #52 on: 1 Mar 2020, 09:50 pm »
Finally assembled my Fo-Felix.  19” x 10” x 3” box. Still have to apply finish to the wood sides.

Folsom

« Reply #53 on: 1 Mar 2020, 11:31 pm »
Looking real nice!

ikir

« Reply #54 on: 18 Mar 2020, 04:37 am »
Hi @Folsom, any new GB planned?

tonyiannnone

« Reply #55 on: 23 Mar 2020, 01:16 am »
Hey, I'd be interested as well. I'm far from being an expert, but i know which side of the soldering iron is the hot side and can deal with a basic wiring diagram.
Can anyone tell me if this would be something i could handle?
Folsom, If i understand correctly you provide a parts list as well?

Tony

matejS

« Reply #56 on: 5 Feb 2022, 03:52 pm »
I am just wondering... what is the benefit of this particular design against to a decent off-the-self-design, e.g. Schaffner 2090 (two stage EMI filter)?

rkumarblr

« Reply #57 on: 16 Apr 2023, 08:53 pm »
Hi ZAKski288,

That's a really neat build

Please can you share the link to the parts including where I can get the board and the schematic of your assembly. Also does it support 230V 50Hz AC main power.

Thanks
Ramesh

turion64

« Reply #58 on: 8 Nov 2023, 01:22 pm »
Is it frivolous to put a fuse right after the AC input & before the FO-Felix conditioners.  I've never seen anyone use one in their builds.  Thanks!  Pete