Okay all of you nay sayers, flat Earthers, etc.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Okay all of you nay sayers, flat Earthers, etc.
« Reply #60 on: 12 Nov 2010, 01:30 am »
Oh, I see what you mean.  On page 2 Danny mentioned shipping them to San Francisco.  I guess the request was sent privately.

Maybe this setup is heading to DanTheMan? If that's indeed the case, good luck with that.  :roll:   :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #61 on: 12 Nov 2010, 02:59 am »
Oh, I see what you mean.  On page 2 Danny mentioned shipping them to San Francisco.  I guess the request was sent privately.

In any event you shouldn't pay too attention to what I said.    :wink:

TomS

« Reply #62 on: 12 Nov 2010, 04:03 am »

Maybe this setup is heading to DanTheMan? If that's indeed the case, good luck with that.  :roll:   :lol:

Cheers,
Robin
Oh please no ...

Danny Richie

« Reply #63 on: 12 Nov 2010, 04:10 am »
They went to Bob Walters.

If Dantheman wants to hear them they are there, but he would have to be on his best behavior if he wants to drop by, and that will be up to Bob.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #64 on: 12 Nov 2010, 04:25 am »
They went to Bob Walters.

If Dantheman wants to hear them they are there, but he would have to be on his best behavior if he wants to drop by, and that will be up to Bob.

I was totally working off your thread title with that thought,,,,  :lol:

teros1

• Take control, use DSP
    • Bay Area Audiophile Society
« Reply #65 on: 12 Nov 2010, 07:35 am »
Dan and I did arrange the shipment to the Bay Area privately. We had been in contact about this since the initial thread(s).

I meant to document the event in this thread and forgot. Sorry.

I represent BAAS, a local 300-member group of audiophiles and music-lovers.

I plan several small listening sessions locally, and hope to include both manufacturers and the press.

I will post logistical details of these gigs in the EVENTS tab of our blog (link below).

It should be great.

Bob

http://baasnotes.com/

Danny Richie

« Reply #66 on: 12 Nov 2010, 01:57 pm »
And by Dan, he means me.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #67 on: 12 Nov 2010, 02:47 pm »
Only wish these events were not so far away.  This does sound like fun!  :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #68 on: 12 Nov 2010, 06:29 pm »
Dantheman spends all his time in that hillbilly forum Techtalk posting impulse graphs and pretending to be a wizened expert with copious experience with high end gear. He still thinks EQ is superior to room treatment. Nuff said? I think so.

Mrs. Ninja

• Industry Participant
« Reply #69 on: 12 Nov 2010, 08:52 pm »
I know I am a little late getting my 2 cents in but after reading this and all the threads adjacent I wanted to say something.

The Ninja asks me to pick out the upgraded speaker every time he does something new. (New crossover upgraded parts, cabinet dampening upgrade, even potting the crossover once) I was not an "audiophile" until years after I met him and I had been hanging around many of you long enough to start appreciating the hobby. I can hear it, every time. I have not been wrong yet. (I SAID YET)

It is a blind test to see if I can tell a difference and which one sounds better. If I could not tell the difference of the upgraded speaker or be able to pick the upgraded speaker over the stock then we would not sell it (neither would Danny).

On another thread the question was asked why everyone had a different opinion of similar loudspeakers (rooms) at RMAF. Answer: Because like how we all see beauty (it is in the eye of the beholder and it cannot be quantified to another) we hear individually as well.

I think Danny's test is fantastic and if it comes to Colorado (maybe Skiing Ninja will make it so) I will listen to see if I can hear the difference without anyone telling me what i am listening to. I hope my streak remains.

Mrs. Ninja

wushuliu

« Reply #70 on: 12 Nov 2010, 09:33 pm »
Hillbilly forum Techtalk

ohhhh snap...

SoCalWJS

« Reply #71 on: 13 Nov 2010, 11:23 pm »
I think this is a great idea and hope to hear comments from all who manage to get the opportunity to listen.

I saw that this thread has been linked to over on a "science" forum, and the usual posters are pouncing all over it with the usual comments. Wish they would give it a chance, possibly even taking advantage of it to give a listen themselves before they come to a conclusion.

Oh well. Some things don't change. I'm firmly of the opinion that they sound different, I just have trouble deciding which is "best". :?

Danny Richie

« Reply #72 on: 14 Nov 2010, 12:51 am »
I saw that this thread has been linked to over on a "science" forum, and the usual posters are pouncing all over it with the usual comments. Wish they would give it a chance, possibly even taking advantage of it to give a listen themselves before they come to a conclusion.

I feel sorry for those guys.

sts9fan

« Reply #73 on: 14 Nov 2010, 02:45 am »
"Science" who needs it.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #74 on: 14 Nov 2010, 03:13 am »
Dantheman spends all his time in that hillbilly forum Techtalk posting impulse graphs and pretending to be a wizened expert with copious experience with high end gear. He still thinks EQ is superior to room treatment. Nuff said? I think so.
TechTalk is populated by many that have NO clue about musical enjoyment being related to an emotional, qualitative response.  Oh, yeah: guys that want to build a killer speaker for $1.98, too.

Go figure   :duh:

Dave

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #75 on: 14 Nov 2010, 03:35 am »
Bloodletting.....cutting edge science for its time........ :roll:

sts9fan

« Reply #76 on: 14 Nov 2010, 04:42 am »
Same goes for exorsism and voodoo.

wushuliu

« Reply #77 on: 14 Nov 2010, 06:42 pm »
Back to the reductionist sound bites: 'science', 'voodoo', blah blah blah. Isn't 'science'(tm) required for any competent crossover design? Or does Danny stick needles in a jobu to make them work?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #78 on: 14 Nov 2010, 11:40 pm »
Back to the reductionist sound bites: 'science', 'voodoo', blah blah blah. Isn't 'science'(tm) required for any competent crossover design? Or does Danny stick needles in a jobu to make them work?
It goes much deeper than that with the flat earthers.  Back around 2001 a friend of mine did a test on my power cables and their effect on musical samples and measured differences in the waveforms of the samples.  These tests used the source file as a subject and control and comparison in a DAW.  Frame to frame, bit accurate synching was done to insure that their was no time slippage in the digital editing system that was used.  There were easily visible and mathmatically quantifiable differences between the samples.  Pretty much a no brainer.  The result?  Jan was accused of poor methodology (mostly by people without a clue as to the accuracy of modern digital editors) and of falsifying the data.

The flat earth, meter readers will ALWAYS find a problem with a test that offers proof that they are or even could be wrong.  Far beit for them to ever actually try something and experiment to see (or hear) for themselves.  It is much easier for them to be lazy and do nothing and certainly greater self indulgent ego gratification is achieved by calling others stupid or delusional.  Elitists of every kind fall into this mindset.  They are smarter than anyone else and they attempt to prove it by humiliating, degradating and slandering anyone with an opposing POV.  That is why most of people with a brain don't frequent some sites on the 'net.

I like Audio Circle.  There are people here that actually DO things  :thumb:

Dave

sts9fan

« Reply #79 on: 15 Nov 2010, 12:17 am »
I find it funny that you use the word elitist and yet you and the title of the thread use mocking tones for people who do not agree with you.  When you say "flat earther", "witch doctors " or "snake oil salesman" it's all the same tone.