New Audio Store in Fairfax

wje

New Audio Store in Fairfax
« on: 24 Nov 2009, 03:17 pm »
I'm not sure how many of you from the Fairfax area might have noticed this or not, but a new audio store has opened up in the old Tweeter location in the Kamp Washington section (where 236, 29 and 50 all converge). 

I'm not affiliated with this company in any way, but did have some time last week to make a quick stop through and see what they have featured.  They carry quite a bit of what Tweeter used to carry (typical Denon, Yamaha, Polk, lower end Focal, etc.)

However, they also have some higher end gear above and beyond what Tweeter carried to include Arcam, Dali speakers, higher-end Focal speakers, McIntosh and eventually Mark Levinson.

I do wish them the best of luck in this economy - and "Best Buy" mentality market.  By the same token, I was driving by Sound Images of Falls Church last week and did see a "For Lease" sign out in front of their building along Rt. 50.

The times they are a changin' ...

Phil A

Re: New Audio Store in Fairfax
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2009, 03:20 am »
Interesting.  I have not been that way in ages.  I'll have to take a ride one day.

wje

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2010, 09:04 pm »
I've read up a bit on-line regarding this company.  Apparently, it was started by 3 ex-employees of Myer-Emco.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2010, 09:20 pm »
I have to check that out.  I shop at Super H and eat at Dolce Vita often.  If you want good authentic Italian food, I highly recommend Dolce Vita.  They are only a couple of blocks east of this place. 

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2010, 01:10 pm »
I happened to be out that way about a week ago and stopped in for a few minutes just to walk around.  Definitely has some nice stuff worth checking out.  I'll probably stop back at some point when I have some music with me and perhaps meet a couple of friends and check out Dolce Vita too