Simply introducing myself here

EricWe

Simply introducing myself here
« on: 4 Jun 2020, 02:31 pm »
Hi - Eric from Austin, TX here. 

I've enjoyed a Decware SE84UFO amp (2.3w per channel) paired with Tekton Lores for the past few years.  Bang for the buck it has been an exception value for that low watt + sensitive match.  I've just sold my Decware amp (it was wonderful btw) and plan to make the move to a 45 tube amp, for even lower wattage but ideally a different / magical SET sound.

I plan to have Alan Eaton built me a 45 amp (or I'll purchase one he prebuilt).  I've also just purchased the Topping D70 DAC and it's being shipped now. 

Due to convenience I usually stream music (thus the DAC) but also occasionally use a turntable.

Anyways - glad to be here.  Excited for a different SET sound as I continue to search for that 'perfect sound' that probably doesnt exist for me.  The journey is the real fun I suspect.

-Eric

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Simply introducing myself here
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2020, 11:35 am »
Welcome!

Was a contributor on the Decware forum years ago just as Steve was venturing out into double digital wpc amps, but gave up on low powered amps due to the lack of suitable speakers (that offered full bass and lack of colorations).  Did hear a 45 amp once (Moth), it was very seductively warm.