Perfect Storm

bajaed

Re: Perfect Storm
« Reply #40 on: 23 Mar 2015, 05:35 am »
The render looked big but that pic really shows how huge they are! I'm 6'9" 280 and they would look pretty fricken big next to me.
I remember how much thump and presence the Auroras had when I listened to them, these speakers are gonna be able to wake the dead (if one was so inclined).

Listening to the deluxe 2010 reissue of SRV Couldn't Stand The Weather right now on my Vapor Breeze and they are killing it. Deep 3D Soundstage with incredible detail. A friend came over to watch some hoops tonight and couldn't believe I didn't have my sub on.

A 15" woofer with a TL cabinet is gonna be amazing.

Eugene2

« Reply #41 on: 7 Apr 2015, 11:41 am »
Perfect Storm progress report, any new pix?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #42 on: 7 Apr 2015, 05:04 pm »
Perfect Storm progress report, any new pix?

Not yet.  Veneer is going on the bass bins as we speak and the upper cabinets are next.   To date, 5 bass bins have been assembled and 6 upper cabinets are prepped to the point that veneer can be applied.

Here's another render while the real thing is finished up.

Eugene2

« Reply #43 on: 7 Apr 2015, 06:24 pm »
Nice!

fex02

« Reply #44 on: 7 Apr 2015, 11:18 pm »
Pete - thanks for vapor update!

pawsman

« Reply #45 on: 8 Apr 2015, 04:53 pm »
Ryan and Pete, would you guys consider offering the top portion of the Perfect Storm separately as a satellite speaker?

pawsman

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #46 on: 8 Apr 2015, 05:10 pm »
Ryan and Pete, would you guys consider offering the top portion of the Perfect Storm separately as a satellite speaker?

pawsman

Yes, we can and actually are doing that for a couple customers.  Keep in mind the PS top section is almost 20" deep and 25" tall and weighs 75 pounds empty (approx. 100 pounds loaded up), they would make large monitors.  But we do have other cabinet options into which we can load the same driver array. 

Also, for the PS top section we have midrange specific 8" drivers from AudioTech and Accuton.  Both companies however offer more mid-bass oriented versions, and would use those for stand-alone monitors, in order to get solid bass.  If you have subwoofers, we can keep the midrange units in place as they still go down to 60hz range.  Either option would make for some of the finest monitors available at any price. 

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #47 on: 8 Apr 2015, 07:15 pm »

What kind of veneer is that ?

Looks fantastic....

V....

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #48 on: 22 Apr 2015, 05:54 pm »
Still working on the official release, and content for the website, there's just so much to talk about that went into the development and design.  But this show flier I made hits the high points. 

dpatters

« Reply #49 on: 22 Apr 2015, 06:06 pm »
That's a nice show brochure Ryan.  Those are some impressive specs, especially the sensitivity and load gives customers lots of options
for amplification!!  Typo in next to last line (internally not internall)

I'm really glad they could never fit in my room :lol:

I love my Joules!!

Don P.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #50 on: 22 Apr 2015, 06:13 pm »
Hopefully they make it to RMAF this year, I'd love to hear them.  Especially since this will probably be the last year Pez and I do show coverage.

dpatters

« Reply #51 on: 22 Apr 2015, 06:55 pm »
Hopefully they make it to RMAF this year, I'd love to hear them.  Especially since this will probably be the last year Pez and I do show coverage.
Tyson,

You guys do a great job with the coverage and I just wanted to thank you. Your show coverage on the Vapor Nimbus a couple of years ago
turned me on to Vapor and now I am the owner of the Joule Blacks that were shown last year at RMAF.

Best to you and Pez.

Don P.