treatments delivered

guf

treatments delivered
« on: 11 Jul 2012, 11:57 pm »
First off it's nice getting large packages because the driver always has to get rid of your stuff first. 8:30am delivery from fed ex

I've had a good long listening sesh after set up. It sounds SO different. I keep thinking something is wrong with my ears. really. I wish i never read a review of treatments and it'd be funny to hear my inarticulate, untrained ear try and describe how it's different. I listen to a lot of live recordings and i can say it sounds more live. I dont understand how dealing with the bass helps the mids and highs, but it is very noticeable. I can listen at louder levels easier. as for the bass i never realized how bad it was until i hear it now. i can actually hear it. not as boomy and more detailed...maybe. again as i write this i'm mostly really noticing the details in the highs.

i'm sure if someone walked around and measured there is still problems. but i think I'm starting with a good foundation. one think i did notice. or i think i notice is how much the bass changes when away from the sweet spot. i feel like it sounds more bassy. maybe not better but more. Is there a logical explanation for this?

anyways here's a picture. 2 244s up front straddling the corners and 3 monster bass traps on back wall.

vortrex

Re: treatments delivered
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2012, 12:22 am »
Nice setup and good to know you hear the same changes I did.  I'm going to order some measurement gear when I get back in town, feel free to borrow it.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2012, 01:17 am »
Nice to see you post the new stuff. It's always good to see a followup.
Room treatments can make such an improvement they should be mandatory.

guf

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2012, 12:02 am »
next level stuff. almost floor to ceiling up front with tri traps on the right and 244s on the left. loving it. waiting on 242s and stands for the first reflection points.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2012, 11:08 am »
Looking pretty nice. Let us know if you have any questions we can help you with. :thumb:

Glenn

GIK Acoustics