color decisions

guf

color decisions
« on: 19 Jun 2012, 02:05 am »
is it more common to get all the same color treatments? If i was to place monster traps behind the seating area in a grey and then 244's opposite wall behind the speakers and components in a off white (wall color) to kind of hide them?

decal

Re: color decisions
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2012, 02:40 am »
Well, I'll go out on a limb here and say,"It's your stuff,do what you want".

drummermitchell

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2012, 03:22 am »
Why not :thumb:.Painting interior walls in a house people will have say a feature wall in a darker colour than the other three walls ect.
I bet you can do some nice colour schemes with assorted panels.
Mine are all black,I guess I'm not that imaginative,I'd say go for it.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2012, 03:40 pm »
We have lots of customers who do more than one color.  It's really more about your preference. 

Bryan

boynamedsue

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2012, 02:09 am »
I got a set of off 242's in off white which blends in with my walls, and the QRDs in black inside brown which matches my speakers. The QRDs look like I have two sets of speakers!

guf

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2012, 08:38 pm »
I got a set of off 242's in off white which blends in with my walls, and the QRDs in black inside brown which matches my speakers. The QRDs look like I have two sets of speakers!
my thoughts are changing.....i'm liking the off white blending option. I looked in your gallery what color off white do you have?

boynamedsue

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2012, 09:49 pm »
my thoughts are changing.....i'm liking the off white blending option. I looked in your gallery what color off white do you have?

It is the same "off-white" stated in the GIK website. It is has a slightly tan tone that blended better with my walls which are yellowish cream. I have all of them on stands for now as I haven't finalized the positions. I added another picture that shows them closer up.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #7 on: 5 Jul 2012, 01:03 pm »
The first of my GIK products, a pair of Tri-Traps, arrive tomorrow. I picked burgundy. I'm not hiding anything. 8) Besides it goes with my post-Depression bordello decor. :lol:

Doc