GIK Acoustics Now offers Ultra White Fabric!

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
GIK Acoustics Now offers Ultra White Fabric!
« on: 10 May 2012, 08:24 pm »
Put on your sunglasses!  GIK Acoustics U.S. announces an expansion of color options and now offers pure white fabric as part of the standard line of color selections. The new pure white fabric can be selected on any GIK Acoustics' products to provide a clean, modern look which blends with white ceilings and walls.

GIK Acoustics President Glenn Kuras stated, "We knew for a long time that our customers would enjoy the option of a bright white fabric and we have worked with our fabric mill to provide pure white as part of our standard offerings."

Pure white can be chosen for acoustic panels, bass traps and screen panels. Other standard color options include black, off white, grey, burgundy, bright red, bright blue, hunter green and coffee. GIK Acoustics U.S. also offers the full line of Guilford of Maine fabric colors.

IN OTHER NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIK Acoustics is proud to announce and welcome Shelly Williams as its new Marketing Director.  Ms. Williams will be responsible for product announcements, public relations and promotional outreach for GIK Acoustics U.S. and GIK Acoustics Europe.

Ms. Williams brings over 12 years experience in the marketing industry.  She comes to GIK Acoustics from Allied-THA where she served as Assistant Director and Strategic Business Manager for over seven years handling promotions and public relations for such entertainment clients as Twentieth Century Fox, The Weinstein Company, Lionsgate Films, Comcast On Demand, AMC Theaters and Relativity Media among others.  She also served as Account Executive for four years at Momentum Worldwide in Atlanta managing a variety of campaigns for soft drink giant Coca-Cola.

Ms. Williams' role will not only be to expand the reach of GIK Acoustics' brand, but to serve GIK Acoustics' customers in our continued dedication to customer service.  We encourage GIK Acoustics customers to contact Shelly with any news releases or product updates.   

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Re: GIK Acoustics Now offers Ultra White Fabric!
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2012, 01:11 pm »
 :idea:
More choices is always a good thing.
Welcome Shelly!

teetee

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2012, 04:29 pm »
Wish you have this color when I bought mine

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2012, 05:39 pm »
Sorry.  Been trying to expand our colors as we can work it out with the mill we buy from.  Sometimes it takes a while like the pure white did. 

Bryan

AKLegal

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2013, 10:11 pm »
Is this color available in bulk for DIY projects?

drummermitchell

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2013, 01:51 am »
Well maybe it's Shelly I have to talk to on Tues.
Received two q7d's even though I had FOUR damaged from a month or so ago,was expecting FOUR.
Got these from the PO and one was rattling inside (WTF),got the two boxes home opened one seemed fine (haven't taken it out of the plastic bag yet.
Noticed these two there is NO BACKING on either of these,the others had a thin barker board for the back,now nothing.
That's not all, the other q7d,the F1i1091 fins were all in the bag,what a bunch of BS.
Least when I got Realtraps diffusors they all came in perfect shape.
What a fkn waste of money on the four,you would think they ALL would be replaced,picts were sent also.
I will post picts of the four and also these two,not friggin impressed at all,NEVER AGAIN,I'll spent a bit more and do RT's.
After I had sent email stating FOUR were damaged I got NO response back,OH Well.
any way here is a pict of one with the back,the replacements have no backing:

« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 02:44 pm by drummermitchell »

drummermitchell

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2013, 02:49 pm »
Don't mind the dent as that is a minor cosmetic issue even though it is new.
Of course I'm sure its fedex's fault but I have FOUR with dents,corners chipped out ect,they are new so I guess it doesn't matter.
Just like new furniture anly that rustic look,here's some with the TWO replacents and NO backing:

drummermitchell

« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2013, 02:51 pm »
And some more FIREWOOD:

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2013, 02:53 pm »
moved
« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 06:42 pm by drummermitchell »

drummermitchell

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2013, 02:54 pm »

drummermitchell

« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2013, 03:01 pm »
Perhaps the reasoning for no backing is the extra weight  for replacing four q7ds which we got two.
Have to say that new rustic look is worth the 1200 and some dollars I put out.
I believe I'm done,not impressed here, at least with a few other acoustic companies their packaging was superb but the one company diffusor was not.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2013, 03:01 pm »
Hmmmm.  That's not good at all.  We changed the way we made them a bit to try to make them better and more repeatable but that's not looking good. We will get this resolved.  Email me or PM me.

Bryan

gold

« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2013, 03:24 pm »
No doubt ATS and GIK could have done better.   I'm sure GIK will take care of you like ATS did.  Maybe GIK can go the extra mile since you have been waiting so long for these diffusers!  I can't imagine your frustration. 

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2013, 04:14 pm »
We have spent a great deal of time and money to do the upgrade to the Q7D so you can imagine how disappointed I am this has happened. I can't apologize more. The reason we went without the backs was to let the customer hang it more flush to the wall.  I guess someone should have called you to let know this. Also I just called Christina (at home) and we did a search through all of her and my emails to try to find something that talked about damage but came up with nothing (I don't have your full name). Not sure who or when you emailed but we honestly never got it. We always email back every customer, but there are those cases that our spam filter might pick it up.  Needless to say though I apologize.
I have sent you a pm with my email and personal cell number and look forward to solving this.

Glenn Kuras
GIK Acoustics

drummermitchell

« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2013, 08:45 pm »
I have always had great service with GIK(just a little pissed) as it has been 6 diffusors.
All my 242's,monsters,tri's have come unharmed and I have quite a few hanging around.
Good talking to you Glenn,will be home around 5:00 to chat some more THX.

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2013, 01:33 am »
Maybe these non related qrd problems could be moved or deleted?  Doesn't go with the thread on the new white fabric!

Good idea btw...