US Open

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
US Open
« on: 18 Jun 2021, 01:22 am »
For those cost conscious golf fans, who don't have 'the sports package', or access to The Golf Channel, here's a link to the US Open coverage streamed by the USGA. It's not as smooth as coverage from TheMasters.org, but fair, and it's still on now. 

https://www.usopen.com/watch/live.html#!6252093723001

Figured out how to stream for Thur/Fri coverage of the Masters last year via wireless & notebook. Poked around and found this for the US Open. Enjoy.  :D

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: US Open
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2021, 09:39 am »
Thanks very much Arthur, I was stuck getting new car registration and insurance yesterday (4 hours) so didn't bother looking for it.  Now I know where to go today.

rodge827

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2021, 11:32 am »
Congrats to John Rahm! Winner of the 121st US Open!

His clutch putt on the 72nd hole was awesome and Louis dropping a shot on 17 sealed it for him!

Too bad for Louis he played a great tournament just to get a little quick on 17 and pull/draw his tee shot into the penalty area.

Rahm spent the last couple of weeks in C19 quarantine and came Bach with a mission. Awesome story and great player hope to see his name tied to more Major wins in the future.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2021, 01:17 pm »
When he made that putt I told my son he just won the tournament.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2021, 02:05 pm »
Heck of a tournament. Lots of folks had their chance, only Louie & John were able to maintain their cool. Congratulations to John Rahm, well deserved and given recent circumstances some karmic payback.

The course was brutal, befitting a U.S. Open, with narrow fairways, long rough, and subtle sloping greens. Drive for show, putt for dough as they say, and it held true throughout the tournament. Was pulling for Rory, but wasn't his day. It will be interesting to see how Bryson handles his meltdown.

On to "the Open"....

twitch54

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jun 2021, 04:50 pm »
a 'feel good' win for sure !

jjss49

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jun 2021, 05:37 pm »
clutch performance for sure... not just one but two critical bending putts by jr - a well deserved victory for a good guy and obviously, a tremendously talented golfer

tough to see oostey lose, another really great guy (with a magnificent swing) but with what jr did on the last 3-4 holes it was just too much for louis to overcome
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2021, 09:00 pm by jjss49 »

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2021, 07:22 pm »
  Great match to watch. I know that course well. Very difficult. Intimidating views.

charles

mcgsxr

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jun 2021, 11:53 pm »
It was a great watch over the weekend.

Hughes the Canadian is from a town about 15 miles from my house; so to see him tied at the end of Saturday was cool.

The back 9 took a toll on most.  But not all.

Once it was down to King Louie and Rahm it was excellent drama.  Rahm draining 2 bendy putts then having to wait.

I did think Louie was going to get it done being 1 behind on a short par 5.

I liked seeing Phil hang around to congratulate Rahm, he has been talking about him for a long time.