Georgios

Re: BDA-3 DAC
« Reply #1000 on: 24 Aug 2018, 02:23 am »
Hi Georgios

DSD256 native should work fine.
DoP is limited to DSD128.

james

Hi James

Looks like I needs driver for Mac. Below is what I found on other vendor website.

“The Mac sound system doesn't have a built-in support for DSD-encoded audio. The audio industry has adopted an open-source standard called DSD over PCM (DoP). DoP relies on a workaround to disguise DSD as PCM data stream. Unfortunately this workaround causes 30 to 50 percent overhead. The DoP implementation of DSD 256 requires support for PCM at 705.6kHz and 768kHz. Such sampling rates are a real challenge for both computer CPU and USB audio interface.

The new completely redesigned exaSound Core Audio DoP256 driver overcomes these limitations.”

ToXXXa

« Reply #1001 on: 5 Sep 2018, 11:15 am »
Hello!
Can I connect two headphone amplifiers to the BDA3 simultaneously? One through xlr, the other through the rca outputs?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1002 on: 5 Sep 2018, 12:02 pm »
Hello!
Can I connect two headphone amplifiers to the BDA3 simultaneously? One through xlr, the other through the rca outputs?

Hi

Yes you can.

james

RobL

« Reply #1003 on: 16 Sep 2018, 02:30 am »
Bryston’s been batting a 1000 on responding to posts, doesn’t this deserve a response one way or another ?

The Rang

« Reply #1004 on: 28 Sep 2018, 01:14 am »
After threatening for 18 months, today I finally ordered a BDA-3, in black.

Rather than wait until I had saved every last penny, and with October 1st looming,  I said “to hell with it, you only live once”

The salesperson, a great guy whom I’ve dealt with for many years since the Sound Plus days, was unaware of the blue LED option (which I want).
I sure hope that request gets properly communicated to Bryston

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1005 on: 28 Sep 2018, 05:24 am »

Rather than wait until I had saved every last penny, and with October 1st looming,  I said “to hell with it, you only live once”

The salesperson, a great guy whom I’ve dealt with for many years since the Sound Plus days, was unaware of the blue LED option (which I want).

Hi Rang

Great to hear - if it was Hi-Fi Center I saw the order come through last night.

james

The Rang

« Reply #1006 on: 28 Sep 2018, 12:30 pm »
Yes, it was Hi-Fi Center.

What’s the lead time these days?
Not in a rush at all, I’ve waited this long, I can wait longer.
I view it as my Christmas present ;)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1007 on: 28 Sep 2018, 04:16 pm »
Yes, it was Hi-Fi Center.

What’s the lead time these days?
Not in a rush at all, I’ve waited this long, I can wait longer.
I view it as my Christmas present ;)

I would say about 2 weeks.

james

TJ-Sully

« Reply #1008 on: 28 Sep 2018, 05:00 pm »
Congrats Rang! Good decision  :thumb:

The Rang

« Reply #1009 on: 29 Sep 2018, 12:59 am »
Two weeks?

Wow, it will be here a lot sooner than I thought, I was thinking 4 to 6.

Not a Christmas present then, can maybe slide in a phono stage for December ;)

Andreashifi

• hifi, stereo, 2.0
« Reply #1010 on: 30 Sep 2018, 10:27 am »

Good 4 U, I am very happy with BDA-3! Enjoy the music. Cheers!

The Rang

« Reply #1011 on: 5 Oct 2018, 01:17 am »
Do these DACs need a break in period?
If so can you plug in some music via USB and let it repeat

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1012 on: 10 Oct 2018, 12:34 pm »
James,

is it possible to use both outputs (xlr+rca) at the same time??????

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1013 on: 10 Oct 2018, 02:42 pm »
James,

is it possible to use both outputs (xlr+rca) at the same time??????

al.

Yes.

james

Georgios

« Reply #1014 on: 13 Oct 2018, 10:15 am »
Will Bryston have a plan to develop a good Universal transport with HDMI output to match BDA-3? It will be my next transport if so.

Grant Hill

« Reply #1015 on: 13 Oct 2018, 10:19 am »
Will Bryston have a plan to develop a good Universal transport with HDMI output to match BDA-3? It will be my next transport if so.

With Oppo out of the game it could be a good idea

Mag

« Reply #1016 on: 13 Oct 2018, 10:56 am »
With Oppo out of the game it could be a good idea

I've been thinking that myself. Bryston should develop a universal Blu ray player.

Having listened to a dozen or so Blu ray. I have to conclude that with uncompressed Lpcm and dts Master audio, this is the only way to achieve the highest level in Hi-Fidelity.

It seems manufactures are abandoning this goal for streaming. Cheap Blu ray units are out there but to really hear what the Blu ray format can do you need a quality player.

Just purchased a Yamaha BD-A1060 and I am wowed by the output, so not likely to purchase another unit even if Byston should manufacture one.

Andreashifi

• hifi, stereo, 2.0
« Reply #1017 on: 13 Oct 2018, 11:33 am »

That would be perfect!

gbaby

« Reply #1018 on: 13 Oct 2018, 07:21 pm »
I've been thinking that myself. Bryston should develop a universal Blu ray player.

Having listened to a dozen or so Blu ray. I have to conclude that with uncompressed Lpcm and dts Master audio, this is the only way to achieve the highest level in Hi-Fidelity.

It seems manufactures are abandoning this goal for streaming. Cheap Blu ray units are out there but to really hear what the Blu ray format can do you need a quality player.

Just purchased a Yamaha BD-A1060 and I am wowed by the output, so not likely to purchase another unit even if Byston should manufacture one.

You are not being practical or realistic. Why would Bryston get into the blu-ray business when when they make electronics to play blu-ray as an input device? Its not practical for them to make blu-ray machine as its not their forte. :nono:

Mag

« Reply #1019 on: 13 Oct 2018, 07:54 pm »
You are not being practical or realistic. Why would Bryston get into the blu-ray business when when they make electronics to play blu-ray as an input device? Its not practical for them to make blu-ray machine as its not their forte. :nono:

Because I believe it fits their philosophy. I agree however that it would be a risky venture as blu ray titles seem to be scarce or in short supply. And it seems audio enthusiasts are moving to streaming. So the market for universal players is getting smaller not bigger.

Most homes don't have an appropriate room for stereo let alone multi-channel set up. And disposable income for audio equipment is getting smaller for most folks. So streaming is a cheaper more practical solution for people who want decent audio which is good enough.