BRYSTON BDP-1 tweaks

luk@s

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1 tweaks
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2021, 01:07 pm »
Hi Luka!

Be sure to post your comments when your BDP-1 arrives. Keep in mind that ESI Juli@ is a PC soundcard so the mod could be implement in PCs. It would be a fun experiment.

Cheers - Antun
Hi Antun!
My bryston is back with me and works perfectly! I don't know how to describe it but I love it ;-),  my bookshelf speakers sound like floor-standers now, very happy!, going through my entire music collection now ;-).
I will take some pictures of it as soon as I receive  that star like Allan key, I can't open it at the moment.
Luka

hawkeye99

« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2021, 08:36 pm »
I'm curious on what the cost of this upgrade is?

malpa

« Reply #22 on: 20 Apr 2021, 07:44 am »
I'm curious on what the cost of this upgrade is?
Hi Hawkeye
Not sure as I didn't pay the full price, but I think it's something around 350gbp.
best to ask there>>> jaudioresearch@instagram,   jaudioresearch@gmail.com
M.

luk@s

« Reply #23 on: 10 May 2021, 01:43 pm »
Hi.
As promised, I found the star key to open my bdp1 and here are some photos of the upgrade.

Luka

Phoenix

« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2021, 06:17 pm »
Are there measurements available which proof the technical superiority of this mod?
Wouldn't be surprised if it measures worse than the original...

:popcorn:

malpa

« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2021, 08:37 am »
Hi.
As promised, I found the star key to open my bdp1 and here are some photos of the upgrade.

Luka

HI LUKA,
Well done!, your upgrade looks better than mine :-), I only got the clocks upgraded but you seem to have something extra added there.
I wasn't offered it :-).

M.

vonnie123

« Reply #26 on: 14 May 2021, 10:05 pm »
Looks like a nice upgrade.  I went the other route.  I bought two BDP-2s with the factory installed IAD, and sold my two BDP-1s.  It would be interesting to compare the upgraded BDP-1 to a Bryston BDP-2 (late 2015 build) factory IAD unit.  The BDP-2 was a big upgrade to the BDP-1 as far as I was concerned.

« Last Edit: 15 May 2021, 01:03 am by vonnie123 »

R. Daneel

« Reply #27 on: 17 May 2021, 12:45 pm »
Hi Antun!
My bryston is back with me and works perfectly! I don't know how to describe it but I love it ;-),  my bookshelf speakers sound like floor-standers now, very happy!, going through my entire music collection now ;-).
I will take some pictures of it as soon as I receive  that star like Allan key, I can't open it at the moment.
Luka

Hi Luka!

I'm glad it went well! Congratulations! Let me ask you, from the moment you sent the machine till the moment you received it, how much time had passed? Also, where is this modder located?

Perhaps he could have upgraded the RAM chips as well - BDP-1 comes stock with 256 Megs but the system board supports 768. That would certainly speed up the response time and bring it more inline with the BDP-2. To take it a step further, the board BIOS might be tweakable so it might be possible to increase the system clock from 500 MHz to something a bit higher. For a true modder, this would not be impossible - this would be highly dependent on the board. The settings might be physical DIP switches, jumpers or even requre soldering. It's a 'newer' board so likely it would just be a setting in the system BIOS.

Cheers!
Antun