VMPS at Harmonic Discord

Stimpy

VMPS at Harmonic Discord
« on: 10 Feb 2018, 04:03 pm »
Well, now that we know that this VMPS Forum won't be closing (Thanks again John R.), I started wondering about older VMPS Web content.  Specifically, the old VMPS Forum at Harmonic Discord.  There were several years of all things VMPS posted there too.  So thanks to the Way Back Machine, I found the old forum.  For those unfamiliar with this earlier VMPS Forum, it might be worth the journey!

https://web.archive.org/web/20070623031601/http://www.harmonicdiscord.com:80/forums/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3b64f91f25ee55ea1d675baa5570f820

Maybe this could be made a Sticky?  It would be nice to not loose the link to HD VMPS.   :D

John Casler

Re: VMPS at Harmonic Discord
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2018, 05:06 pm »
I remember those days well and most all the posters.

Yes, this Link should be a sticky.  Thanks for finding and posting.

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2018, 08:06 pm »
The facilitator is the one that can make it happen, guys.  Time to send a PM.

PeteG

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2018, 08:20 pm »
HD has been gone for awhile, I believe a lot of the links will be dead.

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2018, 09:32 pm »
HD has been gone for awhile, I believe a lot of the links will be dead.

I looked for a couple and they do seem unavailable.

Stimpy

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2018, 10:02 pm »
Well, that's a disappointment.  I went through the 15 pages of posts, but didn't think to check the individual links.  I'm sorry about that.  I'll keep trying at Way Back, with the hope that I can find a web capture that functions to a deeper level?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2018, 11:29 pm »
Holy cow. Is this the audio website/forum that was replaced by AC?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2018, 01:54 am »
Well, that's a disappointment.  I went through the 15 pages of posts, but didn't think to check the individual links.  I'm sorry about that.  I'll keep trying at Way Back, with the hope that I can find a web capture that functions to a deeper level?

I tried to log on with my former/HD ID to no avail.  :dunno:

JohnR

« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2018, 01:57 am »
It's an archive copy, you won't be able to log in :)

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #9 on: 11 Feb 2018, 04:58 am »

Yes.  Man those were fun days.

RSorak

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2018, 06:14 pm »
Since the archives are not not complete, i.e. many of the actual threads are not there, this is interesting but NOT up to sticky quality IMHO.

Be glad to post a sticky for a more complete version if found.
Thanks
Rick

Stimpy

« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2018, 08:37 pm »
Since the archives are not not complete, i.e. many of the actual threads are not there, this is interesting but NOT up to sticky quality IMHO.

I totally agree. If I had realized that the Wayback capture was only a single layer snap shot, I wouldn't have even started the thread.

Be glad to post a sticky for a more complete version if found.

I doubt that it exists.  I'll continue to search, but I'm not hopeful.

John Casler

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2018, 08:56 pm »

Yes, that is it.

I still remember Harmonic Discord deteriorating.

Then one night, I received messages from Rob (can't remember his last name) asking if I could get Brian to open a Circle on AC, he was helping start up.

Brian, at the time was not that keen on the idea, but agreed to do so.  The VMPS Circle then went on to become the most active CIRCLE for a long time.

Then working with NuFORCE, did the same thing, and they opened a CIRCLE.

I was a BRYSTON dealer around that time, and an owner told me that if I promised to helped him, he would start a BRYSTON "owners" Circle, so I said yes, and that eventually transitioned into the Bryston Manufacturers Circle.

Then NuPRIME started, and most of my functions from NuFORCE moved to NuPRIME, and I pushed to get a NuPRIME Circle.

And then when Brian passed and VMPS closed down, the only thing I could find close to "THAT SOUND" was EVOKE, so I made sure we too had a CIRCLE.

Seems like  only yesterday, but I think it has been closer to 12 years or so.  Makes me a bit of a Dinosaur here.

JohnR

« Reply #13 on: 12 Feb 2018, 02:31 am »
Frankly some of that rings rather off, but regardless, perhaps it's time that you formalized your status by becoming an Industry Contributor.

John Casler

« Reply #14 on: 15 Feb 2018, 08:54 pm »
Frankly some of that rings rather off, but regardless, perhaps it's time that you formalized your status by becoming an Industry Contributor.

Hi John.

I certainly intend to do what is necessary, but I found the classifications confusing, as I have different and multiple relationships and responsibilities with companies, and it seemed I fit into the employee classification.  I understand you are not privy to these relationships.

If not, I am more than happy to provide additional support to AC, as I always have.

I will send you a PM and explain.