RMAF 2011 - Vendors To Hit

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
Re: RMAF 2011 - Vendors To Hit
« Reply #40 on: 18 Sep 2011, 11:55 am »
Tyson:
Expanding Bryans post about the Iris room (main floor). Emprical Audio will have Steve's latest greatest maxed version of his DAC (including "the bronze"), BPT will be have their newest "naked" power cords (you must be 21 or over to see them, any age to hear them), GIK will have their coolest room treatments, Mach2Music will have their latest 2011 MAC Mini and external battery powered HD--all playing through the YG Acoustics "best speakers in the world" (the TAD connection fell through). This will be a most musical and revealing system. Bring your favorite CDs or Hi-Rez tunes on a USB stick.

Thirsty

« Reply #41 on: 23 Sep 2011, 01:37 am »
Green Mountain Audio will not be at RMAF this year, dissapointing because they are one of the speakers on my short list.

Wayne1

« Reply #42 on: 23 Sep 2011, 02:32 am »
Tyson, Jason, et al,

Please try to stop by the Modwright room 1010.

Dan will be introducing his new integrated amp, the KWI 200

The amp will be playing through a pair of  BOLDER/Daedalus Speaker cables into my personal set of Daedalus Athenas  :drool:

Forgive the blatant plug, but I am very proud to have a pair of Lou's creations and excited to think that many AC members will have a chance to hear my own speakers.

BTW, the speakers in Dan's room will be in quarter-sawn white oak.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #43 on: 23 Sep 2011, 02:39 am »
I will definitely be stopping by.

(just purchased one of the Modwright demo pieces  :green:)

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #44 on: 23 Sep 2011, 03:09 am »
We'll be there again Tyson.  You can hit several birds with one stone since as far as I know, it's us, Empirical, BPT, and TAD in the same room we were in last year.

Bryan

Are you going to use a pre-amp this year?

Occam

« Reply #45 on: 23 Sep 2011, 03:54 am »
I'm not sure Hansen will be there, Audio Unlimited brought them every year and they are now closed.

Room 407

Redpoint Audio - Model MG Turntable
2011 is the RMAF debut of the Redpoint Audio Design Model MG turntable. Redpoint's first benchmark design, it is bigger and more massive than the Model D. Handcrafted is Scottsdale, Arizona USA

Hansen Audio - THE KNIGHT
Exquisite in form and sound. Delicate and visceral, with perfect balance and harmony. THE KNIGHT is a three driver, floor standing loudspeaker. The woofer and mid-band driver are engineered, designed and manufactured by Hansen Audio to match perfectly with the High Precision tweeter made for Hansen Audio. These drivers all use the exotic multi-layer composite sandwich cones mated to the powerful Hansen optimized geometry motor assembly. All Hansen Audio drivers incorporate Sound Wave Deformation Prevention technology. The elegant hybrid enclosure utilizes the Hansen Audio engineered Hansen Composite Matrix material, finished in the Hansen Audio Class "A" finish. The enclosure uses the amazing Sound Wave Diffraction Distortion Elimination technology developed exclusively by Hansen Audio. THE KNIGHT is designed sonically and visually, to last, and be enjoyed for many generations to come.

Wavestream Kinetics   
Tubed Preamplifier and Monobloc Power Amplifiers

Kaplan Cable   
Speaker and Power cables
Interconnect Cables
Alchemist Power Conditioner

Lindemann   
CD Payer

Please stop by and visit us in Room 407

Regards,
Paul
Kaplan Cable

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: 23 Sep 2011, 11:20 am »
What's Carl Jerrits doing after Audio Unlimited?  Anyone know?

http://www.apexaudiodenver.com/ is what he's doing. 

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #47 on: 23 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm »
Nothing as sexy and enticing as a "naked power cord" in my room (2012), but I'm going to have a bikini clad Linda O'Neil posing with my speakers and free beer.

cheers,

AJ

MaxCast

« Reply #48 on: 23 Sep 2011, 12:53 pm »
Nothing as sexy and enticing as a "naked power cord" in my room (2012), but I'm going to have a bikini clad Linda O'Neil posing with my speakers and free beer.

cheers,

AJ
sexy - I am.
naked - see it every day.
bikini - my wife has one.
free beer - I'm there.
               :P

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #49 on: 23 Sep 2011, 01:38 pm »
AJ will be there, go check out Soundfield Audio, see what all the hype is about :)!

I will second that.  The Monarchy room featuring the New Lenehan speaker. All very affordable with world class sound.

charles
SMA

OzarkTom

« Reply #50 on: 23 Sep 2011, 05:40 pm »

I will second that.  The Monarchy room featuring the New Lenehan speaker. All very affordable with world class sound.

charles
SMA

That is a must visit.

djbnh

« Reply #51 on: 29 Sep 2011, 10:16 am »

cheers,

AJ
Re: Linda O'Neill: http://www.lindaoneil.com/
 :thumb:

WGH

« Reply #52 on: 29 Sep 2011, 02:47 pm »
Legacy speakers in Evergreen Ballroom A, the first stop on the main floor, is giving away a free Legacy sampler CD. Their demos always have big speakers playing big orchestral music.

The Monarchy - Lenehan room two years ago had great sound, I was looking for the sub.
This year it should be better!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #53 on: 29 Sep 2011, 08:35 pm »
OK, got everything mapped out thanks to the excel spreadsheet that RMAF gives on their website.

Problem - some vendors I could not find, so if someone can let me know the rooms they are in, I will add them to our spreadsheet, otherwise I'm deleting them:

Lenehan Speakers
Mark Neuman Coliseum Speakers
Rockport Speakers
Selah Audio Speakers
Vienna Acoustics

The rest is all set, and ready to roll!

TomS

« Reply #54 on: 29 Sep 2011, 08:39 pm »
I think Rollo might be showing the Lenahan speakers. Swap Meet Audio

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #56 on: 30 Sep 2011, 04:29 am »
The Monarchy room featuring the New Lenehan speaker. All very affordable with world class sound.

Their in Toronto this weekend....1st Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show (TAVES)....but don't see them listed for RMAF...

http://taveshow.com/PDF/TAVES-Program-2011_web.pdf

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #57 on: 2 Oct 2011, 03:21 am »
Tyson, forgive me if I'm mistaken but I don't think you made it to our room last year.  If you have some time on the schedule we'd love to have to stop by room 442 and hear some the ACA Trinity speakers pushed by a Melody Pure Black 101 Preamp and M845 monoblocks.  We'll also have some prototype cables and a preproduction balanced power supply.  The ACA stuff is all pretty new with almost no reviews on the web.  Thanks!

rbwalt

« Reply #58 on: 2 Oct 2011, 02:48 pm »
The Merlin room( 9014) is going to be a room worth a visit. They will be using the new Master VSM Speaker with a special new dual mono Master Bam. They will be using the new Ars-Sonum Gran Filamonia integrated amp and from what i have heard it is the best sounding tube( transfomer) amp that bobby from Merlin has ever heard! All wire will be the Cardas Clear.

R.

Blackmore

« Reply #59 on: 2 Oct 2011, 05:03 pm »
Hey, after visiting the Missouri boys (Bryan and Chris) in the Empirical, GIK and BPT room, stop over and say hello to another Missourian John Hillig in the Al Stiefel Legacy Room.   He's got the Chameleon preamp that lets you swap daughter boards to support 12AU7, 12AX7, 6922, 6H30, 12BH7, etc.  He'll be showing it with his hybrid SS amps.