Sequencers in Music

Mag

Sequencers in Music
« on: 25 Sep 2023, 12:26 am »
  The use of Sequencers in electronic music is beginning to annoy me, not all songs. This is after listening to electronic music for 43 years if you don't count ELP. Not sure why that is happening now. One possibility is I'm sensitive to the timing now, for example: I made a brief attempt at trying to compose music on computer software several years ago. Just so happens if you just place notes on a Staff with a mouse, music can sound mechanical. Whereas if I use a piano keyboard, the notes are placed in real-time sounding more natural.
  I believe this is what I'm picking up on, a mechanical sound vs real-time. :smoke:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Sequencers in Music
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2023, 05:14 am »
In the 1970s analog sequencers just accelerated what the musician was playing, but today they made a infinity of things that comes to be embarrassing to a musician who has any shame, it is common happen that several instruments are present in the music to the public but no musician is playing them on the stage.