XTC - The Big Express (High-Resolution) available for pre-order

SlushPuppy

I saw this on the Super Deluxe Edition website a few minutes ago:

XTC’s 1984 album The Big Express will be reissued as a CD+blu-ray edition with new Dolby Atmos, 5.1 and stereo mixes by Steven Wilson.

"This is the seventh in the ongoing series of expanded XTC reissues and as with the others it includes a wealth of audio including four album remixes by Wilson (Atmos, 5.1, stereo and instrumental), the whole album in demo form, plus extra demos and bonus tracks.

The Atmos Mix is actually a first for XTC since up until now the surround mixes have been 5.1 only, so that’s good news.
The original stereo mix of All You Pretty Girls

Described as “a neglected classic of its era”, The Big Express made extensive use of new technology, at the time, with Linn-Drum programming (alongside drummer Peter Phipps), E-mu Emulator and other synths. It was a post-punk concept album about growing up in an industrial town. “The Big Express is the closest we ever came to recording a ‘concept’ album. It’s full of Swindon and deep seams of life there, that run through myself, Colin, and Dave, (Terry too of course). It’s populated by members of our families, our hopes and dreams. The things we wished for, or feared, a stew of memories.” – Andy Partridge

The two-disc set is packaged in a digipak sleeve and resides in a cardboard slip case. It comes with a 16-page booklet.

This CD+blu-ray edition of The Big Express will be released on 22 September 2023, via APE. You can place an order via the SDE shop using this link or the button below."

Cheers!

Slush

Yog Sothoth

I saw this on the Super Deluxe Edition website a few minutes ago:

XTC’s 1984 album The Big Express will be reissued as a CD+blu-ray edition with new Dolby Atmos, 5.1 and stereo mixes by Steven Wilson.

"This is the seventh in the ongoing series of expanded XTC reissues and as with the others it includes a wealth of audio including four album remixes by Wilson (Atmos, 5.1, stereo and instrumental), the whole album in demo form, plus extra demos and bonus tracks.

The Atmos Mix is actually a first for XTC since up until now the surround mixes have been 5.1 only, so that’s good news.
The original stereo mix of All You Pretty Girls

Described as “a neglected classic of its era”, The Big Express made extensive use of new technology, at the time, with Linn-Drum programming (alongside drummer Peter Phipps), E-mu Emulator and other synths. It was a post-punk concept album about growing up in an industrial town. “The Big Express is the closest we ever came to recording a ‘concept’ album. It’s full of Swindon and deep seams of life there, that run through myself, Colin, and Dave, (Terry too of course). It’s populated by members of our families, our hopes and dreams. The things we wished for, or feared, a stew of memories.” – Andy Partridge

The two-disc set is packaged in a digipak sleeve and resides in a cardboard slip case. It comes with a 16-page booklet.

This CD+blu-ray edition of The Big Express will be released on 22 September 2023, via APE. You can place an order via the SDE shop using this link or the button below."

Cheers!

Slush

Excellent news, thank you!

I really need to get Black Sea too.  One of my all time favorite albums.

SlushPuppy

Excellent news, thank you!

I really need to get Black Sea too.  One of my all time favorite albums.

I'm a huge XTC fan. I have all six of these Steven Wilson remastered sets that have been released so far. They were originally released in DVD Audio, then some were in both DVD Audio and Blu-Ray, before transitioning to just Blu-Ray a while back. I have them all, Lol! I'm lucky to have ordered them so early that I got signed cards by various band members with each set. Since I ordered this one within minutes of the announcement I should be getting a card from Colin Moulding in the box. These remasters aren't on streaming services, only the original releases, so these sets are the only way to hear them in full glory (and they do sound amazing). Can't wait!