Mike Pickett - Bryston

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Mike Pickett - Bryston
« on: 6 Mar 2018, 04:19 pm »
James,

I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know how awesome he is. I cannot say enough about how helpful he has been. I have been a Bryston customer for about 15 years, luckily I have only needed service twice. Mike was great the 1st time, but this last with my SP3 upgrade was a little more challenging and he went above and beyond to make it right. I am forever a loyal customer.

Thanks for doing what you do...

Jeff Klowan / Rhode Island, USA

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: Mike Pickett - Bryston
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2018, 05:52 pm »
 :thumb: on Mike P.

Helped me with lots of stuff, including getting the gain dialed down a bit on my BHA. Among other things.

TJ-Sully

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2018, 12:37 am »
Mike is the man!  :thumb:

stonedeaf

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2018, 05:33 am »
Mike's helped me out with accurate info on old Bryston equipment - a different guy with a different company woulda just told me to go away and leave 'em alone with stuff that's well out of even Bryston's 20 year warranty.
He's the guy who knows what ya'll have built and are building.

R. Daneel

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2018, 09:43 am »
Well done Mike!

People usually don't realize it but it is actual people who make the company and it is their actions that determine how that company will progress.

You have a valuable team of people there James.

Cheers,
Antun

schmidtmike76

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2018, 11:00 pm »
This entire company is terrific.  Hats off to the whole organization

john1970

« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2019, 01:31 am »
:thumb: on Mike P.

Helped me with lots of stuff, including getting the gain dialed down a bit on my BHA. Among other things.

How did you get this done?  Was it a modification after purchase or did not do this after the purchase.  Please advise.  I a testing a BHA1 with Audeze LCD-XC and the gain is very high in that I don't turn the volume past the nine o'clock position.

Thank you,

John

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2019, 02:10 am »
Another positive vote for Mike!

Helped me solve the BP173 balance problem

George

Gumby

« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2019, 12:47 pm »
Mike showed me that this is a special company. 

I purchased a used B60 integrated amp, and was told it had one year left of the 20 year warranty.  This was my first Bryston product.  I was replacing an old amp with another old amp. I wasn’t expecting much. 

Before hooking it up, I decided to call Bryston to confirm the warranty.  Within seconds I was talking to a live person.  Mike introduced himself, and after looking up the serial number, he tells me he built my B60. 

I was floored.  We had a great chat.  By the end of the call, all buyers doubt was gone.  He’s helped several additional times as well with other specific questions. 

Bryston is the way to go for any Component or a whole System.  You can’t go wrong. 

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #9 on: 12 Feb 2019, 05:50 pm »
Gumby,

Bryston's customer service is indeed very special. unusual in these days i would say.  :thumb:

al.

Hoiman

« Reply #10 on: 13 Feb 2019, 02:28 pm »
Bryston's customer service is indeed very special. unusual in these days i would say.  :thumb:

+1

G E

« Reply #11 on: 25 Feb 2019, 01:15 am »
bryston people are tops. Absolutely!

Testsystems

« Reply #12 on: 25 Feb 2019, 04:06 am »
Two B7’s taken out by a lightning strike on thanksgiving weekend.  Smoke coming out!   
Repaired and returned in a week. 

Assistance in reprogramming two BAX1’s with latest files, not supported by the conventional iPad interface.

Now that’s service! 
Tx Mike

Cheers
Drew

Stu Pitt

« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2019, 02:38 am »
I’ve dealt with Mike Pickett directly on two occasions. The first was upgrading my B60 to SST. He put things in an easy to understand way without talking over my head or talking down to me. He told me what to expect and what not to expect without any audiophoolerie nor any sales pitch. And he gave me all the time I needed without giving me the feeling that he’s got more important things to do than discuss what a sub-$200 job that won’t really make the company any money.

The second time was about changing the faceplate. Same thing.

I had a great dealer where I used to live who didn’t carry Bryston. They carried stuff from very well respected companies, yet they had nothing but praise for Bryston, James and Mike. They used their names and also said “If you’re looking for customer service and after sales support, there’s Bryston, and then there’s everyone else. No one does that better.” Pretty high accolades from someone who sells the competition’s gear.

Ola_S

« Reply #14 on: 1 Apr 2019, 09:39 am »
Just wanted to thank Mike and Bryston officially in this thread. I have had a lot of Bryston gear over the years and also my share of failures, and until now I have always become professional help. Last Friday I got my 17 years old BP-25 back from Canada, the detent in the potentiometer housing had failed, two switches had bad contact and the input selector needed some cleaning. Everything got fixed on the warranty and sent back to me very quickly. The communication via Email is maybe not perfect, on the other side, I'm sure there is a flood of emails (I know how my job mail looks like  :oops:), so this is not a complaint really, just an observation. Keep up the good job!! :thumb:

Ps I posted the same information on the biggest Swedish hififorum on Facebook (ca 10000 members) and a lot of them were really surprised by the level of service

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 27 Mar 2020, 03:41 pm »
Just want to thank Mike Pickett and Paul Cochrane. Two days ago, I requested a specific part by e-mailing Mike. Today, 5 mins. ago,....surprise!!! A FedEx deliv guy dropped it off at my home here. That's the nth time Bryston's service crew has responded so quickly for my requests over the years.

Bryston's Customer Service is tops in the audio industry.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Calypte

« Reply #16 on: 27 Mar 2020, 05:23 pm »
Just want to thank Mike Pickett and Paul Cochrane. Two days ago, I requested a specific part by e-mailing Mike. Today, 5 mins. ago,....surprise!!! A FedEx deliv guy dropped it off at my home here. That's the nth time Bryston's service crew has responded so quickly for my requests over the years.

Bryston's Customer Service is tops in the audio industry.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Unincognito promised to send me a new micro-SD card two weeks ago.  I haven't seen it.  I bought one off Amazon.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #17 on: 27 Mar 2020, 06:10 pm »
Unincognito promised to send me a new micro-SD card two weeks ago.  I haven't seen it.  I bought one off Amazon.

Probably when the stiffer COVID directives came into force. The part I got today came from Bryston's factory, so no external "shopping" was needed, I guess. Hope the card worked out well.

cheers

Pundamilia

« Reply #18 on: 27 Mar 2020, 09:23 pm »
It's too bad that more companies don't follow the Bryston model when it comes to Customer Service and Support. People like James, Mike and Gary make themselves available as the face of the company and do a marvellous job.

BTW, a couple of years ago, i noticed that the remote on my BP-26 wasn't working, so I sent an e-mail via the Bryston support page on their website. I didn't expect to hear back quickly because it was late at night and it was the middle of a long weekend. I got an almost immediate response, from no less than Brian Russell, the President. How many other companies would be doing that?

rhassle

« Reply #19 on: 28 Mar 2020, 08:30 pm »
I wanted to include my Kudos to Mike P. as well; but also to Chris, Gary, and especially Stan B.   All have helped me with different issues at one time or another. This is a big part of the reason i have a stinking wall full of bright shiny Bryston boxes that sound great.

Cheers