The new Revelation Raven Preamp

hi_watt

Re: The new Revelation Raven Preamp
« Reply #20 on: 25 Apr 2024, 03:20 am »
Hi, my name is Brian and this is my first post on AudioCircle.  My Raven delivered today.  After I get about 50 hours in, I will report back, but my initial impression is OMFG!!!

That is beautiful. Thanks for the picture.

bcon2001

« Reply #21 on: 25 Apr 2024, 12:13 pm »
Here is a photo with the flash off

dls123

• Industry Participant
    • Citation Restoration
« Reply #22 on: 25 Apr 2024, 08:31 pm »
Yes please report back after you get 20-30 hours on the Raven.  My experience is the 6sn7 tubes and the cathode bypass caps really open up after about 20 hours....

hi_watt

« Reply #23 on: 25 Apr 2024, 08:59 pm »
Here is a photo with the flash off

Nice!

Did Spatial Audio call you before delivery about the wood option?

bcon2001

« Reply #24 on: 26 Apr 2024, 12:17 am »

[/quote]

Currently, the only option is walnut.  I would have preferred cherry but didn't want to wait for it to become available.

hi_watt

« Reply #25 on: 26 Apr 2024, 12:20 am »

Currently, the only option is walnut.  I would have preferred cherry but didn't want to wait for it to become available.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

BrandonB

« Reply #26 on: 27 Apr 2024, 03:47 am »
Hi, my name is Brian and this is my first post on AudioCircle.  My Raven delivered today.  After I get about 50 hours in, I will report back, but my initial impression is OMFG!!!

Hey Brian how does it sound compared to other preamps you have owned?

bcon2001

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 11:31 pm »
After two weekend listening sessions, I now have about 25 hours on the Raven.  I can honestly say this is my final preamp.  sjsfiveo described the preamp as blacker backgrounds, greater detail, quieter and the sense that the music just floating around me.  Him, like me, had a Don Sachs preamp before the Raven.  I'm in 100% agreement with his review.  In fact, the sense of the music floating around was the first thing I noticed when I played it in my system for the first time.  The Raven is very transparent. It captures the nuances and subtleties of the music ensuring a lifelike and immersive listening experience.  Even though I tell myself on a daily basis to stop spending money on audio gear, I'm 100% happy with my decision to buy the Raven.  Now, I wish I had the funds to get the Blackbirds!! 
« Last Edit: Today at 01:18 am by bcon2001 »

dls123

• Industry Participant
    • Citation Restoration
« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:04 am »
After two weekend listening sessions, I now have about 25 hours on the Raven.  I can honestly say this is my final preamp.  sjsfiveo described the preamp as blacker backgrounds, greater detail, quieter and the sense that the music just floating around me." Him, like me, had a Don Sachs preamp before the Raven.  I'm in 100% agreement with his review.  In fact, the sense of the music floating around was the first thing I noticed when I played it in my system for the first time.  The Raven is very transparent. It captures the nuances and subtleties of the music ensuring a lifelike and immersive listening experience.  Even though I tell myself on a daily basis to stop spending money on audio gear, I'm 100% happy with my decision to buy the Raven.  Now, I wish I had the funds to get the Blackbirds!!

Thanks for posting.  To me, qualities of the Raven are transparency, tonal correctness of instruments and voices, and that ethereal sound stage.  The absolute blackness helps with all of that.  It doesn't really sound like anything except the music.  The Blackbird 300b amps have the same sonic signature, or rather lack thereof.  It is very different than what you are used to listening to, but you adjust very quickly and then nothing else sounds quite right:)  My old preamp and amps, which are quite good, sound a bit veiled by comparison.   It is hard to go back once you have heard that level of detail and effortless presentation.  I heard that from the first Raven prototype and then we spent a year improving it.  Same with the Blackbird amps.  Once you hear this level of performance it is very hard to "unhear" it.   You get spoiled. 

theclipper

« Reply #29 on: Today at 01:41 pm »
After two weekend listening sessions, I now have about 25 hours on the Raven.  I can honestly say this is my final preamp.  sjsfiveo described the preamp as blacker backgrounds, greater detail, quieter and the sense that the music just floating around me.  Him, like me, had a Don Sachs preamp before the Raven.  I'm in 100% agreement with his review.  In fact, the sense of the music floating around was the first thing I noticed when I played it in my system for the first time.  The Raven is very transparent. It captures the nuances and subtleties of the music ensuring a lifelike and immersive listening experience.  Even though I tell myself on a daily basis to stop spending money on audio gear, I'm 100% happy with my decision to buy the Raven.  Now, I wish I had the funds to get the Blackbirds!!

Are you running the new preamp with balanced gear? Or, are you using the RCA’s?

bcon2001

« Reply #30 on: Today at 02:30 pm »

Are you running the new preamp with balanced gear? Or, are you using the RCA’s?

I'm fully balanced from DAC to preamp to amp.