Pass Int-60

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
Pass Int-60
« on: 11 Dec 2020, 10:59 pm »
I’ve been lusting over Pass products for years and think it’s that it’s time to dive in (likely buying used).  The Pass Int-60 has really caught my eye so I wanted to ask if anyone has advice or experience with this amp. Any input would be appreciated.  My current speakers are rated at 89 dB but those will be replaced if/when I find a pair of Daedalus Athena or Muse on the used market.

Thanks in advance.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Pass Int-60
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2020, 12:31 am »
I'm afraid I cannot help you regarding Pass amps, but those are wonderful sounding (and looking) speakers. Lou knows what he's doing.

Have you used https://www.hifishark.com/? If you register, you can ask Hifishark to maintain a search for equipment. When it is posted for sale on any one of multiple sites, you'll receive an email alert.

Michael

rbbert

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2020, 12:38 am »
I have had a INT-60 for about 3 years, driving either Ulysses v.2 or now Apollo 11's.  I just bought a reconditioned XA-30.5 to drive the Ulysses (now at Lou's getting the most recent upgrades) which will be in my home theater; the Apollo's and the INT-60 are in a dedicated stereo room.  If you don't want a tube amp, and don't want to spend Vitus type money on SS, it's hard to beat the Pass products.  More than enough power; in a moderately damped 3500 cu. ft. room I almost always have 20 dB of extra power available even listening at very loud levels.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2020, 12:45 am »
Thank you Michael, I spend too much time on hifishark!

rbbbert I really appreciate your response.  That’s exactly what I’m hoping for, a taste of tube like sound without having to fiddle with tubes. My wife likes the idea of the Int-60 because she’s tired of hearing ‘this will be my last xxx’ from me and at 90+ pounds I’m pretty sure it’ll have to be!

A_shah

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2020, 01:08 am »
 Pass labs INT-60 is a GR8 integrated amp , however if you are looking for cheaper alternative you may try the  Parasound HINT , for me each time I try SS , I immediately want to go back to my mono tube amps , about 4 months back I purchased a Denon AVR X4500H to be used in my HT system I used that to break in my recently  Poseidon speakers after about 60 hours I decided to switch back to my tubes OMG what a difference !! although the Denon is a very "quite" AVR one can switch off the two channels in the 11.2 configuration  but still no match for the Dynamic , resolution and sweetness of tubes !
Happy Holidays ! :xmas:
Also Hegal maybe another option !
Asghar

rbbert

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2020, 03:58 am »
No offense, but a Denon AVR and a Pass Labs amp are from 2 totally different audio worlds (I have 2 Denon AVR’s; anyone want one?).  It’s a bit like comparing a Fiat 500 to a Porsche Cayman; they are each fine for what they intend to do, but they are intended to do different things.

onehotchili

« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2020, 06:28 am »
I’ve been into SETs for over 20 years, but have always been super intrigued in Pass Labs stuff especially after the Aleph 3 came across my radar.  I realized they are located not too far me.... I might be tempted to give them a try.  The Pass Int-60 is near the top of my list.... :P

rbbert

« Reply #7 on: 12 Dec 2020, 01:17 pm »
First Watt products are also worth looking into for those with highly efficient speakers.  Pass dealers almost always offer in-home demos as well, and if you don’t have a dealer within 100 miles check out renohifi.com

mav52

« Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2020, 03:16 pm »
I do enjoy my  XA-30.5 . Its one time that you get what you paid for, of course in reason to budget. .

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #9 on: 12 Dec 2020, 04:31 pm »
Go for the Pass and never look back.  They are built like tanks and are Bullitt proof.   I own an X250 and it blows my Parasound A21 away.   My son is looking at the Pass INT-30a and INT-150 if he can get one at a good used price.  The INT-60 is supposed to be better than both.  The reviews are stellar.  Just beware of the heat.  Also, the Pass gear sounds its best when warmed up for 45-60 minutes and they do sound slightly better with XLR'S.

The INT-60 will really make those high sensitivity 8 ohm Athena's sing without breaking a sweat.  The INT-30A would also be a great match for high sensitivity speakers.

Another amp to consider is LUXMAN.  When I down size a 507 will be high on my list. 

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #10 on: 12 Dec 2020, 09:06 pm »
Thank you all for the input and suggestions. My minds made up, my next amp is going to be a Pass integrated.  This morning my much better half gave the green light to buy a new Int-60, now it’s on me to pull the trigger.  This is going to be hard since I haven’t bought a new piece of audio equipment in almost 20 years. What a great problem to overcome! Thank you all again!

JackD

« Reply #11 on: 12 Dec 2020, 11:23 pm »
Don't know if you seen this or are interested.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649576884-pass-int-60/

There is also one for a couple of hundred more at The Music Room

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2020, 11:36 pm »
Thank you JackD, I saw that ad but I’m concerned about buying from someone with no feedback.  A few months ago I had a bad experience with a seller with quite a bit of good feedback so I’m a bit gun about making the same mistake.  I did see the music room one and I’m still contemplating it. 

JackD

« Reply #13 on: 12 Dec 2020, 11:55 pm »
For a couple of hundred more but still a good savings I would call the guys at the The Music Room.  They are one of if not the largest dealer of used gear in the country and handle all the gear trade ins and demo returns for PS Audio.

TomS

« Reply #14 on: 13 Dec 2020, 12:00 am »
Thank you JackD, I saw that ad but I’m concerned about buying from someone with no feedback.  A few months ago I had a bad experience with a seller with quite a bit of good feedback so I’m a bit gun about making the same mistake.  I did see the music room one and I’m still contemplating it.
I've had great experience with The Music Room, a few fairly high dollar transactions, and all went very smoothly.

GregC

« Reply #15 on: 13 Dec 2020, 12:34 am »
I have sold equipment to The Music Room, and although I have never purchased anything from them,  I have always received excellent pre-sales support for items I inquired about.

I just bought Athena V2 speakers from Lou (latest spec with the Duelund crossover upgrade), and they are exceptional in both appearance and sound.

I understand the appeal of tubes because of the liquidity in their presentation.  I had a Dodd battery powered preamp in my system for 8 years for that reason.  The preamp that finally displaced the Dodd was a SS preamp (SST Ambrosia Second Generation).  I read rave reviews about how the Ambrosia bridged the sonic gap between solid-state and tube designs.  After 5 years of ownership I would have to agree.  The Ambrosia is driving Digital Amp Company Golden Cherry mono amps and I am very pleased with the sound I am getting now. 

I like not having to worry about replacing tubes, especially as the cost of NOS tubes continues to increase as supply dries up. 

My setup is resolving and not strident.  I have heard that Pass Labs also bridges the gap between SS and tubes.  Good luck on your quest.

audiojem

« Reply #16 on: 13 Dec 2020, 01:06 pm »
The Pass Labs Int-60 Is One Fantastic Integrated!
Solid tank like built and super reliable.
It will just about drive anything and does not get too hot.
I have bought and sold at least 4 in my audio career and would not hesitate to buy another one only reason for selling is I wanted to upgrade or try something different.
Another huge plus there is no other audio company on the planet that will take better care of you then Pass Labs, Kent English should teach a class on how to take care of customers First Class.
Buy It!

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #17 on: 13 Dec 2020, 05:18 pm »
I also had good experience with TMR.

WGH

« Reply #18 on: 13 Dec 2020, 05:35 pm »
I also had good experience with TMR.

+3

Bought from TMR twice, both times fair price, excellent service, super fast shipping and bomb proof packing. When your TMR box is "dropped" off by an Amazon drone it will survive.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #19 on: 13 Dec 2020, 06:18 pm »
Thank you all.  I don’t know if this is appropriate, but do any of you have experience with Reno Hifi? I’m not looking to sling mud at anyone but I see they sell new Pass equipment and possibly demo Int-60’s. If this in inappropriate to ask let me know and I’ll delete.  Again I appreciate all the info on Pass and TMR as this is a big investment for me.