Under-Hang alignment system with Temaad arms

TABARD

• TemaadAudio
Under-Hang alignment system with Temaad arms
« on: 23 May 2023, 10:06 pm »
Temaad have just updated there arms to allow Under-Hang alignment system to be used as well as the conventunal alignment

What are the benefits

No Anti-Skating required, (so no bent stylus)
Simpler & quicker alignment  (no fancy protractors needed)
More dynamic music & bass slam & depth to die for.

By the way the Under-Hang alignment system can be used on virtually any straight arm, provided you are prepared to move the arm.

Cheers

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Under-Hang alignment system with Temaad arms
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2023, 03:13 am »
So I've never heard of this and had no clue as to what you meant.  It took a little bit of googling until I got the right search words to bring up what we're talking about.  Fascinating.  So the idea is that anti skate is more destructive than tracking errors, mostly because there is no correct anti skate (anti bias) setting that is correct across the record.  So you eliminate the angled head shell and align straight on the tonearm axis with only one null point somewhere between 60mm to 70mm from the spindle.

Supposedly this results in a much more dynamic sound with added depth and bass weight.  The greater tracking error either doesn't matter, or results in pleasing second order harmonics, depending on who's speaking.

It doesn't appear that you can use any straight tonearm as infired by the OP, it requires a special tonearm and head shell.  Do I have this right?
Regardless, very timely post on an interesting subject.

TABARD

• TemaadAudio
Re: Under-Hang alignment system with Temaad arms
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2023, 05:33 am »
Hi, Yes you need a straight arm & there are many arms out there now with a simular cartridge mounting.
Also you can also use a straight arm with Off-Set Head-shell, all you need to do is replace the Off set Head-shell with a straight one. Plus of course disconnect the Anti Bias & move the arm to a suitable position. Then sit back and reap the rewards.

Cheers