Salk BeAT for sale

Slashfive

Salk BeAT for sale
« on: 19 Jul 2020, 04:07 pm »
Hi all,
I’m moving and would like to sell these amazing speakers as I won’t have adequate space for them.
I am the original owner and these were received 5/2019 from Jim. I literally have listened to them less than about 15 hours and they are as new (I’m super busy with work and young kids).
They look brand new and will ship in the original Salk factory boxes (I’ve saved these beasts much to my wife’s consternation).
I specified solid bamboo cabinets (not veneer) at an upcharge and outrigger bases to match my Quadraspire rack. The top and sides are finished in piano black lacquer with the back and face left natural bamboo. They look fantastic with my new and vintage McIntosh amps.
I paid $5174. When I bought these there was talk of a pricing increase—not sure if that happened but I did buy these just before that conversation started.
I’d love a local pickup in Amarillo Texas 79102, but will ship at actual cost.
Asking $3250. Again these are as new with only about 15 hours listening time and superb speakers.

HT cOz

Re: Salk BeAT for sale
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2020, 05:15 pm »
Very cool speakers and a heck of a deal for someone.  :thumb:

DWG

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2020, 08:29 pm »
Agreed.  Beautiful speakers at a very reasonable price.  Love the outriggers.  You might get more visibility posting on the national audio resale sites too.  Just sayin. Good luck with the sale.  Some buyer is going to be very happy.

esus1

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2020, 02:09 pm »
Greetings,

I am interested in your speakers.
Can you send me an email with your info so that we can have a conversation?

My email is esusnc1@gmail.com

Regards
Ed

DWG

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2020, 04:46 pm »
One other comment and I hope others can post their opinions on the matter.  I own Ascend Acoustic speakers that have bamboo cabinets that i really like.  I can't put my finger on it but bamboo seem to have a more lively sound than MDF, but without undesirable resonances or other negative attributes.   I'd like to hear the Salks with bamboo cabinets.  Anybody have any experience here?

Phastm3

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2020, 01:03 am »
Are these still for sale?

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2020, 12:09 pm »
They are really beauftiful speakers.  It's a good thing when such things are available that I live far away.

Slashfive

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2020, 12:29 am »
These great speakers are sold to a fellow forum member. Thanks everyone for the interest and Will, I hope these give you a lot of pleasure. Thanks for the great transaction
Bill