BDP-3 Manic Moose - Cover art

Francois_Tardif

BDP-3 Manic Moose - Cover art
« on: 23 Feb 2021, 04:50 pm »
Hi. I think that this question is not new, but I haven’t seen an answer. When playing DSD files with the BDP-3, the covert art does not show in the Manic Moose interface. Covert art displays perfectly for other formats (mainly FLAC files). My DSD files are in “.dsf” format and tagged with the same software that I use for all my music files (TAG&RENAME). A solution for this problem?

Francois

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BDP-3 Manic Moose - Cover art
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2021, 11:04 pm »
Is the cover art an images file in the same folder as the music or is the cover art embedded as a tag in the music file?  If its the latter it could be that either the image is so large that its ignored or if the tags are after the audio data ignored all together (but this would also effect track title, album and artist info).

Chris

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2021, 01:18 pm »
Hi Chris. Thank you for you reply.

The software that I use for tagging my files (including .dsf) is TAG&RENAME and I get the tags that I want from the folder name and subfolder name (Artist + Album) and the song title from the file name itself. Then, I place the cover art in the directory where the songs are located and name this file “Folder.jpg”. The size of those files are small. Always less than 200 Ko, usually near 100 Ko, and those files are not embedded as a tag in the music file. And this way of doing it works for all files except for DSD (.dsf).

I taught that, maybe, it would work if the covert art was embedded as a tag in the music file so I tried it, but it doesn’t work either.

Francois

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2021, 02:41 pm »
Go to Discogs data base and add the cover art manually at the end of the songs. This is what I do and I have a 99 percent success rate.

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:20 pm »
Hi,

Did your 99% success rate apply to DSD or all your files? Like I said, I have 100% success for all formats except DSD... and 0% success for DSD.

Francois

gbaby

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2021, 05:03 pm »
Hi,

Did your 99% success rate apply to DSD or all your files? Like I said, I have 100% success for all formats except DSD... and 0% success for DSD.

Francois

Actually, the only DSD files I have are the ones that I own on SACD and I make digital files from a Sonere software. Many times, I already own the CD or red book version. I copy the red book cover art to the DSD files. If I don't have the CD, I copy the cover art from discogs.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2021, 05:54 pm »
Hi Chris. Thank you for you reply.

The software that I use for tagging my files (including .dsf) is TAG&RENAME and I get the tags that I want from the folder name and subfolder name (Artist + Album) and the song title from the file name itself. Then, I place the cover art in the directory where the songs are located and name this file “Folder.jpg”. The size of those files are small. Always less than 200 Ko, usually near 100 Ko, and those files are not embedded as a tag in the music file. And this way of doing it works for all files except for DSD (.dsf).

I taught that, maybe, it would work if the covert art was embedded as a tag in the music file so I tried it, but it doesn’t work either.

Francois

Having the cover art as a separate file should work, if you place your BDP into service mode and email me the service ID I can look at it remotely.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Chris

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2021, 06:21 pm »
Thanks Chris. email sent...

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2021, 02:06 pm »
Chris found the solution. I was using square brackets in some folder names to identify my DSD files. Those folder names were used in the tags. For exemple, Genesis [DSD]. Removing the square brackets (or replacing them with parenthesis) solved the problem. Thank you Chris!

Francois