Planar Speaker Reviews

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Planar Speaker Reviews
« on: 5 Oct 2010, 12:12 am »
One thing that I've always liked is reading reviews on equipment that interests me so I think we need a library section for reviews on the various planar speakers.
This could be a good resource if you're in the market for something or just a good way to kill some time.
We have to be careful of copywrite infringement
and
organize things so that you can find what you want easily.
Perhaps an Apogee, Carver, DIY, Magnepan, Martin Logan, Quad and Misc. Reviews Section? 
If there's enough reviews submitted on one particular brand then they would get their own subsection.
There's an awful lot of information on these designs out there and it'd be nice to try and collect the best of it onto one site.
Any thoughts?

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
Re: Planar Speaker Reviews
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2010, 01:03 am »
I think posting a link to a review, rather than copying and pasting a review here, could not be construed as a copywrite infringement.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2010, 01:18 am »
An assortment of oldies but goodies, for those who haven't already seen it, with an assortment of planars in the Top 12.

http://www.avguide.com/review/the-12-most-significant-loudspeakers-all-time-tas-205

We already have a DIY sticky for members to post reviews, links or information on so the major manufacturers will be coming up next.

TONEPUB

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2010, 02:35 am »
We should have all our ml and magnepan reviews up in the gear section of our site soon, feel free to link to them

Donald

Re: Planar Speaker Reviews-Carver Amazing Plat 4's
« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2010, 01:44 pm »
Newbie here.  :D Thanks Steve. :thumb: Audio Critic page 12, pdf 13  :icon_lol:

http://theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_16_r.pdf

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2010, 11:27 pm »
Thanks!
Over the upcoming holiday weekend I'll start getting things organized with the reviews.
Would anyone who concentrates on a particular manufacturer (or has a special area of expertise) care to go on a review or literature hunt and make that section of the circle their baby as Jazzman53 has done with the DIY Electrostatics?