Why no ferrous metals?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Why no ferrous metals?
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2022, 12:55 am »
I suggest that if you are going to argue with FullRangeMan that you do so in Portuguese, his native language.  Less misunderstandings.
So you are using racism to put the blame on me?
He asked a baisc question already widely known the answer, its not unknow
I answered his question in the post 1 & 9, but he is not satisfied and escalates new questions on a deeper level various times and begun to make psychological analyses of my answers with the purpose of exalting himself before me.

Other people also have answered many times but he is not satisfied with the answers and always comes up with new, deeper questions that only an engineer or physicist can ask.

He even came accused me of not knowing how electro-magnetism works in the reply #17, unfortunately few people who knows how electro-magnetism works are alive, those who did are dead, like Tesla and Maxwell.
Time to bin this thread.
I cannot, however, read "the mechanism is electromagnetism" as being anything but condescension. None of the responses after I clarified that I was looking for deeper commentary, and had a couple folks engaging nicely on deeper aspects, from him held any technical information.

rich121

« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2022, 01:36 am »

rich121

« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2022, 01:40 am »
So you are using racism to put the blame on me?
He asked a baisc question already widely known the answer, its not unknow
I answered his question in the post 1 & 9, but he is not satisfied and escalates new questions on a deeper level various times and begun to make psychological analyses of my answers with the purpose of exalting himself before me.

Other people also have answered many times but he is not satisfied with the answers and always comes up with new, deeper questions that only an engineer or physicist can ask.

He even came accused me of not knowing how electro-magnetism works in the reply #17, unfortunately few people who knows how electro-magnetism works are alive, those who did are dead, like Tesla and Maxwell.
Time to bin this thread.

Really??!!

What does speaking Portuguese have to do with RACE and ESPECIALLY racism???!!!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #23 on: 2 May 2022, 02:07 am »
Gustavo, you have misunderstood my motives.  But if I have offended you in any way, I sincerely apologize.  It was meant as an indirect way of suggesting that NoahH should not take offense. 
« Last Edit: 2 May 2022, 04:34 am by S Clark »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #24 on: 2 May 2022, 02:57 am »
Gustavo, you have misunderstood my motives.  But if I have offended you in anyway, I sincerely apologize.  It was meant as an indirect way of suggesting that NoahH should not take offense.
No prob. :thumb:

Norman Tracy

« Reply #25 on: 2 May 2022, 03:57 pm »
The giant brains at Purifi have an excellent article about this nonlinear behavior of iron materiels. Puriti's discovery or perhaps rediscovery is that ferrous materials are not only non-linear but the history of the signals effects that trait. So steel parts in/around the signal path add one flavor of distortion after an orchestral fff and a different distortion when a singer songwriter has us listening to a girl or guy with their guitar. As the author at Purifi writes:

The step happens at the point where the current passes the value it got to previously, before it started going down again. A voltage step sounds like a pop. It does not happen because of something that the input signal does at that particular time. It happens because of something that the input signal did a while ago.

This Thing We Have About Hysteresis Distortion https://purifi-audio.com/2020/04/28/dist/

They use their insights in both the output inductor selection for the Purifi amplifiers and the magnetic circuits in the Purifi loudspeaker drivers. One interesting example is the 1ET400A amplifier has such low distortion Purifi must have the highest spec Audio Precision analyzer to measure it. That allowed them to detect the model of speaker connector on the 1ET400A's  EVAL1 and EVAL2 circuits had a measurable effect on distortion. Notice the jacks labeled Speaker Out below are similar to GR's Tube Connectors in that they are low mass and any steel nuts are conspicuous in their absence.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #26 on: 2 May 2022, 04:56 pm »
The giant brains at Purifi have an excellent article about this nonlinear behavior of iron materiels. Puriti's discovery or perhaps rediscovery is that ferrous materials are not only non-linear but the history of the signals effects that trait. So steel parts in/around the signal path add one flavor of distortion after an orchestral fff and a different distortion when a singer songwriter has us listening to a girl or guy with their guitar. As the author at Purifi writes:

The step happens at the point where the current passes the value it got to previously, before it started going down again. A voltage step sounds like a pop. It does not happen because of something that the input signal does at that particular time. It happens because of something that the input signal did a while ago.

This Thing We Have About Hysteresis Distortion https://purifi-audio.com/2020/04/28/dist/

They use their insights in both the output inductor selection for the Purifi amplifiers and the magnetic circuits in the Purifi loudspeaker drivers. One interesting example is the 1ET400A amplifier has such low distortion Purifi must have the highest spec Audio Precision analyzer to measure it. That allowed them to detect the model of speaker connector on the 1ET400A's  EVAL1 and EVAL2 circuits had a measurable effect on distortion. Notice the jacks labeled Speaker Out below are similar to GR's Tube Connectors in that they are low mass and any steel nuts are conspicuous in their absence.

Another example of science eventually catching up to (and validating) things that have been observed in the audio community for a long time.  Nice.

NoahH

« Reply #27 on: 2 May 2022, 11:21 pm »
Norman - thanks for that link. It is a good one on magnetic cores. Appreciate it!

goggle1824

« Reply #28 on: 8 May 2022, 03:07 am »
Yeah but how does is M E A S U R E!?!  :o  :popcorn:

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 8 May 2022, 04:54 am »
Yeah but how does is M E A S U R E!?!  :o  :popcorn:
You start with one of these:

https://www.ap.com/analyzers-accessories/apx-overview/

Then you determine exactly what you are looking for and at what levels.

westly197

« Reply #30 on: 26 May 2022, 03:59 am »
The more we learn, the more we realize what we don’t know is far greater than what we do know. It’s always interesting how quickly we get agitated when we are faced with these facts. I’m quite challenged to understand how much all these things impact my sound in my system and where I should put the few dollars I have to spend. Sometimes I wonder if speaker manufacturers aren’t using the wrong materials, not so much to shave a few cents off the cost, but to differentiate the budget models from the top of the line models.