Limited Edition Cherry MEGA MONO SW Amplifier

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Limited Edition Cherry MEGA MONO SW Amplifier
« on: 27 Sep 2021, 01:49 pm »
We've been working behind the scenes on a prototype that we plan to turn into a very special limited edition amplifier....

The SW means these limited edition MEGAschino MONOs will use a custom 1kW switching power supply instead of the large, heavy toroid.   This will get weight down to under 20 lbs !!  :o

These will be monoblock type only, although we did prototype a stereo MEGA amp just to try it.  Results are sonically amazing, by the way!

Power output will be rated at 800W (into 4Ω, 1000W peak).  More details will be added to this thread later.  Thanks for visiting our circle.

Shear Bliss VMPS

Re: Limited Edition Cherry MEGA MONO SW Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2021, 09:51 pm »
Hello Tommy,
                    This sounds very interesting indeed. Any plans to do the MEGAschino stereo version ?? Put me on the list, if so.

Sincerely, Doug

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2021, 07:02 pm »
Hello Tommy,
                    This sounds very interesting indeed. Any plans to do the MEGAschino stereo version ?? Put me on the list, if so.

Sincerely, Doug
Possible, but requires some more engineering work.  If you get our newsletters (only a few released per year), you'll be notified!  Thanks, Doug.

BR,
Tommy O

whell

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2021, 01:11 am »
We've been working behind the scenes on a prototype that we plan to turn into a very special limited edition amplifier....

The SW means these limited edition MEGAschino MONOs will use a custom 1kW switching power supply instead of the large, heavy toroid.   This will get weight down to under 20 lbs !!  :o

These will be monoblock type only, although we did prototype a stereo MEGA amp just to try it.  Results are sonically amazing, by the way!

Power output will be rated at 800W (into 4Ω, 1000W peak).  More details will be added to this thread later.  Thanks for visiting our circle.

I publicly volunteer my services to test the MEGAschino in a real world listening environment: mine!  :D

munosmario

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2021, 04:46 am »

Greetings Tommy,

This custom 1kW switching power supply, could it also be implemented as an upgrade for, say, the Golden Maraschinos?

All the best.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2021, 03:52 pm »
Greetings Tommy,

This custom 1kW switching power supply, could it also be implemented as an upgrade for, say, the Golden Maraschinos?

All the best.
No due to the higher voltage (90V vs 60V).  Thanks for the question.

munosmario

« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2021, 05:38 pm »
Thanks, Tommy.