NFL 21/22 Season

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NFL 21/22 Season
« Reply #60 on: 21 Oct 2021, 02:59 pm »

Apparently, my friend says that the NFL app doesn't show the Thursday night games for the first 4 weeks. You can now watch them.

That must be true, at least for now.  I could watch the Eagles lose to the Bucs last Thursday, and the first Thursday night game, but not in between.  If memory serves last year towards the end of the season Thursday night went back to exclusive NFL channel subscribers, but don't quote me on that.  And while the Sunday and Monday night game have been for the most part excellent games this year, Thursday night seems to be the also ran slot.  I suppose there's an answer out there if I cared to search for it, but this year I'm not even looking at the spread to pick my pool, much less actual research.  Just not a lot of passion for the NFL this year.

twitch54

« Reply #61 on: 21 Oct 2021, 06:25 pm »
not only the NFL but sports in general for me. With the lone exception of Indy Car, NHRA and Sports car racing

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #62 on: 21 Oct 2021, 06:32 pm »
I'll get more interested closer to the playoffs.
I predict the Giants will NOT make it this year.
You heard it here first!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #63 on: 6 Nov 2021, 11:04 am »
Packers/Chiefs should be worth watching, hope I can get it here.

nigelnaim

« Reply #64 on: 6 Nov 2021, 08:04 pm »
You can check the OTA schedule for the NFL here: 

https://506sports.com/nfl/index-m.php

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #65 on: 6 Nov 2021, 09:10 pm »
Thanks for that link, that's great!
I will get to see it.  I like both teams and Green Bay may be showing off the QB of their future so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

twitch54

jjss49

« Reply #67 on: 3 Jan 2022, 09:51 pm »
sad, in many ways  :icon_frown:

FireGuy

« Reply #68 on: 3 Jan 2022, 09:54 pm »
what a douche ..........

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/antonio-brown-removes-jersey-storms-field-dramatic-team-exit-rcna10655

Some food for thought:

Gymnastics star Simone Biles bows out of the Olympics...  not in the right place mentally to compete, citing outside stress and the overwhelming pressure of her position. “We have to protect our mind and our body rather than just go out there and do what the world wants us to do,” she told reporters.  She's gets positive feedback as having courage to make such a decision.

Yesterday, Antonio Brown does his "exit" act and he's getting lambasted.

Now I'm all for individual opinions (and that's fine); knowing these two situations are different, they can be interpreted as similar in some regards.  Smell a double standard here?

rodge827

« Reply #69 on: 4 Jan 2022, 12:04 am »
Some food for thought:

Gymnastics star Simone Biles bows out of the Olympics...  not in the right place mentally to compete, citing outside stress and the overwhelming pressure of her position. “We have to protect our mind and our body rather than just go out there and do what the world wants us to do,” she told reporters.  She's gets positive feedback as having courage to make such a decision.

Now I'm all for individual opinions (and that's fine); knowing these two situations are different, they can be interpreted as similar in some regards.  Smell a double standard here?

So much to comment on here and I will probably get restricted for my hard line conservative opinion about both of these head cases!

Anyway my Iggles are in the play offs!! Yeah baby!!

jjss49

« Reply #70 on: 4 Jan 2022, 01:02 am »
Some food for thought:

no, i think those two situations are vastly different... no double standard issue at all in my opinion

syzygy

« Reply #71 on: 4 Jan 2022, 04:02 am »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #72 on: 4 Jan 2022, 12:56 pm »
Fantastic send off for Big Ben at Heinz Field last night.  They controlled the whole game with ten sacks, four by TJ Watt alone, the Browns making a valiant push at the end.  Then as the Steelers are running out the game Harris takes it around the right for a long touchdown run, sealing the win.  The crowd is going nuts, the Browns have a few seconds left and Baker throws an Int, giving Ben an encore kneel down victory formation.  The game had been essential over the last half of the fourth quarter, nobody left.  The entire stadium stayed until well after the game.  Nobody was in the parking lots or on the ramps, they stayed for fifteen, twenty minutes while Ben Roethlesburger took a lap around the field thanking the fans.  A very special moment for Steeler fans.

twitch54

« Reply #73 on: 4 Jan 2022, 02:56 pm »
Some food for thought:

No, it smells like an overpaid jock strap (just like Ben Simmons in Phila). As for any feeling of sympathy for AB, NONE !  After all he looked all smily and giddy sitting court side at the Nets game last nite .........

twitch54

« Reply #74 on: 4 Jan 2022, 02:59 pm »
Fantastic send off for Big Ben at Heinz Field last night.  They controlled the whole game with ten sacks, four by TJ Watt alone, the Browns making a valiant push at the end.  Then as the Steelers are running out the game Harris takes it around the right for a long touchdown run, sealing the win.  The crowd is going nuts, the Browns have a few seconds left and Baker throws an Int, giving Ben an encore kneel down victory formation.  The game had been essential over the last half of the fourth quarter, nobody left.  The entire stadium stayed until well after the game.  Nobody was in the parking lots or on the ramps, they stayed for fifteen, twenty minutes while Ben Roethlesburger took a lap around the field thanking the fans.  A very special moment for Steeler fans.

:thumb:  good to see for sure !

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #75 on: 10 Jan 2022, 11:41 am »
Steelers and Eagles both in the playoffs!!!  My two teams have fallen on the hard times that are the NFL parity shuffle and there was little chance of any post season action.  The Eagles had been in for a while thanks to four wins in a row, but for the Steelers everyone was on the edge of their seat with the overtime win that surely meant they were in, only an unlikely tie between LV and LA could prevent it.  Well, it started to look like that was gonna happen, oh no!  The Raiders looked content with sitting on the ball with the game tied in OT.  All of Pittsburgh screaming "BS" at the TV.  Then Jacobs runs for ten yards and a field goal looks less risky... It's good!!!!  Now of course these are two one and done teams in the playoffs, maybe the Eagles with their running game have a punchers chance against Tampa, but realistically getting in to the show is their Superbowl.  Congrats to both teams.

rodge827

« Reply #76 on: 10 Jan 2022, 01:14 pm »
Anyone interested in tonight’s Bulldog/Crimson Tide Championship game? A repeat of the SEC Championship that the Tide won and now the Dogs are -2.5 pts. If the UGA defense shows up it could be a long night for the Tide.

Any thoughts?

Wayner

« Reply #77 on: 10 Jan 2022, 02:49 pm »
Vikings coach and the GM have been fired.

charmerci

« Reply #78 on: 10 Jan 2022, 04:29 pm »
I was tired of seeing "player sets season record" headlines.  :duh:  Sure, with an extra game to set it. The NFL should have stayed with a 16 game schedule. So many players get injured.

rodge827

« Reply #79 on: 10 Jan 2022, 05:02 pm »
I was tired of seeing "player sets season record" headlines.  :duh:  Sure, with an extra game to set it. The NFL should have stayed with a 16 game schedule. So many players get injured.

Same here! Take away some preseason and add an extra bye week. These guys get paid well but they are humans not machines!!