Introducing ZenWave Audio's new UPOCC Silver and Copper Ribbon Speaker Cables!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I'd like to introduce ZenWave's brand new UPOCC silver and UPOCC copper ribbon speaker cables!

The SCR and SSR (Speaker cable, Copper Ribbon and Speaker cable, Silver Ribbon, respectively) speaker cables are derived from the PSR-14 power cable (Power cable, Silver Ribbon – 14 gauge), and are available in both 14 and 11 gauge versions. The PSR-14 is a cost-no-object UPOCC silver power cable using a fairly advanced ribbon conductor design that allows me to make the cable with less inductance vs a conventional cable. This worked so well that I used it as a basis to make other cables, I made copper ribbon power cables as well as the silver and copper ribbon speaker cables.

The speaker cables are very similar to the power cables, but have more balanced inductance vs capacitance, the speaker cables have less capacitance vs the power cables. I also use the ribbon conductors to make interconnect cables, the DSR IC is a 17g UPOCC silver IC cable and there will be copper versions eventually as well. The ICs have far less capacitance vs the power and speaker cables, so a totally different geometry, these cables will offer alternatives to my silver/gold alloy and copper litz interconnect cables.

Here's a link to the power cable thread, this contains some more technical information about how the new ZenWave ribbon cables differ from most ribbon or foil cables on the market today:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=163917.0

And here is a link to a new review done by Jay at AudioBacon, Jay does a great job describing the cables, and the review certainly reflects my design priorities. I think it's great to be able to give someone a cable to test and they come back with a result that matches my intentions very precisely! It makes me feel like my efforts have been recognized, and while it's certainly true that not every audio component will be a great fit for every system, I do offer free demos of all of my cables so you can see if you get similar results before spending your money.

I do have demo cables available in both SCR-14 and SSR-14 copper and silver models respectively, so please let me know if you'd like to demo them. :)

https://audiobacon.net/2020/02/08/zenwave-audios-scr-14-speaker-cables-a-giant-killer/

Oh, yeah... spoiler alert! The SCR-14 won AudioBacon's "Finest Cuts" award!

jtcf

Congrats Dave!That was quite the review. :thumb:

Tubeburner

Congrats!
Dave uses the finest materials and the sound is wonderful with what I have owned so far.

Ric Schultz

Dave,
Have you tried cryoing?  A cryoed copper ribbon might have more detail like the silver ribbon but still have the copper flavor.  I have only heard a cryoed cheap Shurter chassis mount IEC....and it was way better than the non cryo version.

jtcf

I've been auditioning the 14 gauge copper ribbon speaker cables for a week on Harbeth C7s driven by either an Aric Audio Transcend P/P or a Modright 100SE.They are like nothing I've ever heard before, just so transparent, nuanced, and most of all totally Natural. By that I mean no one frequency calls attention to itself,but every instrument and vocalist has it's proper place in the soundstage as if they are actually there ( very 3D ).Not hyper detailed and edgy at all but somehow the micro details of each player/vocalist is apparent.Natural. If there are three background singers I can hear them all clearly as they remain in the background as they are supposed to. When there's a lot of percussion going on the timbre of each is obvious but always to scale.Articulate but blended into the entirety. With the Aric Audio especially they are addictive.A really excellent match.

RDavidson

The SCR-14 is the real deal. I've had them in my system for nearly a year and think they're fantastic. Prior to them I had been using Crimson Audio MusicLink for many years. I had tried others, but I could not find anything that matches their overall performance at their moderate cost. They're very transparent and resolving cables. I don't know what their exact formula is, but I'm pretty positive they use UPOCC with a Teflon dielectric. As they're very unassuming looking, one would never guess they perform as they do. If they had dressed them up more, they'd have been taken more seriously by Audiophiles and likely could've sold for much higher prices. Anyway...when I put the SCR-14's in my system, the sound retained everything I like about the MusicLink but with even better detail and subtlety. There's definitely better separation. Sound staging and spatial cues come through with ease. Everything is so well resolved, but also entirely natural and unforced. These are the best speaker cables I have owned in my 20+ years in this audio hobby. I can only imagine what the SSR would do in my system. :o But, for now, I'm VERY happy with what I have. If you're curious, give them a demo...but, be prepared to buy.

jtcf

@RDavidson you expressed it perfectly :
"Sound staging and spatial cues come through with ease. Everything is so well resolved, but also entirely natural and unforced."
Over the past couple of years I've added Dave's ics throughout and one pc, both silver and copper.They all work perfectly together. There's not a "house sound" that I can point out.Whichever one brings out the best in a specific component wins.There's no need to continually move up the line to "better, best,ultimate!"

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Thanks for sharing your impressions, I really appreciate it!  :thumb: